47.

Lucille Blaire Evans

"Just two butterbeers," Pansy says to the bartender. "Actually, just one butterbeer and a pumpkin juice, thank you," I tell him before he walks away. The bartender lets out a low, annoyed groan and walks away with a small eye roll. "Right, sorry, I forgot." Pansy looks down at her hands that fidgeted with one another on the grimy table. The two of us stay silent, awkwardly looking around. We weren't usually so quiet and awkward with each other but ever since she asked me to come here, she's been so jumpy and nervous. I obviously get that doing what she has to do is hard but...we're supposed to tell each other everything.

"So...did you convince Snape to let you retake the exam?" I clear my throat, making her move her gaze back to me. "Mm? Yeah," She nods and continues to stare at something, or someone, behind me. "That's good. He's the only professor that didn't give us any time to study."

"And you were busy doing something that made you miss half of the class," I mumble under my breath. That seemed to get her attention. "What? I was just helping Blaise with something." She shakes her head. More silence. "You know, you can tell me anything. I'll still love you." I hint at her. Why can't she just come clean? "Yeah? Well, I have nothing to hide." Pansy shrugs with a slightly defensive tone.

I frown and twirl my hair in between my fingers. "I'll be right back." She pushes herself out of her chair and walks away, keeping her eyes on something. I watch her walk away with something in her hand and into the bathroom after some girl.

I calmly sit there, playing with hair or looking at all the taxidermied animal heads on dark stone walls. "Here you go." The bartender walks up to my table and places our drinks on the table. "Thank you," I softly smile but he ignores me and walks away.

The room was full of quiet chatter. "Hello, mon chèri." I hear Pansy's voice behind me and her arms wrap around my shoulders. She's happy now, which means she did what she said she was going to do. "You know I love you, right?" She kisses my cheek and cheerfully sits in front me.

"Yeah, me too." I look at her suspiciously. Don't get me wrong, I love that she seems happier, but this isn't her. Pansy isn't usually all 'rainbow and sparkles' and rarely ever smiles with her teeth. She's a calm yet loving person, I think I'm the only person that sees her like that.

"Oh! He brought our drinks." She grabs the glass and takes a sip with the same weird smile. "What's wrong?" She tilts her head. "Nothing, you just seem so cheerful. That's usually my job." I let out a small laugh. "Well, I'm in an extra good mood today." She shrugs. More lies.

"How about we just forget this and go down to the lake. This is boring anyway." She suggests. "I thought you wanted to do something different?" I raise one of my eyebrows. Pansy rolls her eyes and stands up, grabbing my arm. "I changed my mind."

As we walk out of Hogsmeade, we hear a blood curdling scream come from ahead of us. I look up at the sky and see Katie Bell, the girl that Pansy was in the bathroom with, cursed and frozen. All of sudden she drops to the ground.

"Oh, my gosh." I go to check on her with Pansy. But Pansy's gone and nowhere to be seen. "Pansy?"

Pansy Parkinson

"Shit," I mutter under my breath when we see Katie. I told the foolish girl not to fucking open it. Why can't people just listen? I take a deep breath and shut my eyes whilst Lucille is distracted and apparate to the Slytherin common room. I took a few apparating lessons.

A cool sweat runs down my neck as I rush up to my dorm. I have to kill Dumbledore myself. There's no other option. A professor is going to see Katie and warn Dumbledore. I shut my door, locking it.

I let small, shallow breaths. Tears sting the back of my eyes and my fingers run messily through my hair. I can hear my heart pounding loudly in my eyes. She'll never forgive me. All I care about is Lucille, I don't know what I'll do If I lose her because of what I have to do.

I get up, walk to my bathroom and see my eyeliner is starting to run along with my tears. I splash my face with ice cold water, wiping off my makeup. My hands rest on the counter as my body softly shakes with sobs. I can't do this, I can't do this, I can't do this.

But If I don't, someone will somehow tell him, he'll think I'm distracted because of Lucille and he'll kill her.

I shouldn't even be dating a muggleborn in the first place...

A/N: So, something has been bugging me and that something is seriously preventing me from writing. But don't worry because y'all will find out what it is very, very soon.

Also, I promise the next chapters will be A LOT longer because of the "thing" that has been bugging me.