The Ball

Sophia Gonzalez

1900

The ball was set and I was ready to go in my dress. Honestly, I hated these things but I was forced to go with my adopted parents. The dress was to tight and I felt like I couldn't breath. "Ready Sophia?" My maid said to me. "Yes."

We arrived at the party and I was just standing around. Most of the men here wanted to dance but I declined their offer. All I wanted to do was go home but my parents were nowhere to be found. They were probably off mingling somewhere.

"Is everything okay Princess?" My guard asks. He looked at me concerned. I nod. "Go ahead and mingle Christopher." He looked hesitant at first since he was suppose to watch me but decided to go anyways. "I will be back soon."

I watch my guard leave and walk through the crowd and out of sight. I knew some people here but I just wasn't feeling like talking today. My eyes wander and I see a very beautiful girl on the other side just staring at me intently. At first, I waved at her. But she didn't wave back. She was just observing me.

She had blonde hair that was little past her shoulders and was wearing a black dress. She was so gorgeous. I couldn't help but look her up and down but I knew it was forbidden to date a woman.

I look away but I could still feel her eyes on me

I look away but I could still feel her eyes on me. I tried to look anywhere but at her. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and I jump. I turn to the person and see a tall handsome man staring down at me. He had jet black hair and was wearing a black suit and tie. "Hey." He says. "Hey." I awkwardly say. We talked for a bit and I found out his name was Lucas. I tried to keep the conversation short. I tried to give him hints that I wanted to be left alone.

But he didn't seem to get it. Unless he did and just ignored it. "Well I got to go." He frowned at that, he obviously wanted to keep talking to me more. "Well I was hoping that," he put his hand on my cheek and I removed it. "I'm sorry but no." Before he could get a single word out the beautiful girl came over and wrapped her arm around me. I blushed.

"Who are you?" I was dying to know her name and when she said Blake Romanov, I was glad. "Blake Romanov." I whispered. It sounded nice. "It's nice to meet you Mrs. Romanov." I say, holding out my hand. She took it and kissed the top of my hand. My face turns red. I look back at the guy and he looked angry. Blake looks at the guy.

"What are you still doing here? You obviously can tell that I'm with her." Lucas crossed his arms. "She was with me when she came. But I got pulled into a conversation that I didn't want. That's why I wasn't with her." Blake told the guy. Oh god. The look between the two. It's not good. "Princess, it's time to leave." Christopher came back and seen the two. "Is everything okay over here?" He asks, looking between the two of them. "Everything is fine Christopher."