The Battle

Blake Romanov

I watch Sophia as she sleeps. I caress her cheek. It has been so hectic lately. I set up a private jet to go to my private beach house in Florida. I need to talk to Red about it. She can't stay here and neither can Harley. I talked to her about it but she doesn't want to leave her people. It was crazy. She got banished from their and she was just going to stay?

I got up from the bed and leave, looking at Sophia one last time and then shut the door quietly. Red was in the kitchen making coffee, already dressed. It was seven in the morning and I knew she wakes up early to have her coffee and then goes to the gym. It was killing her not to go but I told her not to. Leona might hurt her. But she is to stubborn and thinks she can take her on and her team.

"Can't sleep?" She asks, sipping her coffee. I sit down on the chair leaning back. "Yeah." I answered her. I massage my temples. She brings her coffee over and sits down. "Don't worry, we got your back." I smile at her. Sophia comes in and rubs her eyes. "What are you doing here? You should be resting."

She looks at Red then at me. "I didn't see you in bed so I came out here." I kiss her cheek. She blushes. "Good morning Sophia." Red says. "Good morning Red." Sophia sits down still looking tired. Harley comes out of her room looking at all of us. She shushed up. We all looked at her confused. "They are here." I got up and looked at Sophia. "Red do you have a secret door?" She nods her head.

"Okay. Take Sophia and hide her." She nods her head and grabs her hand. "I want to stay with you Blake. I can fight." I wanted to be by her side so much. But she needs to be safe. "I love you." Red takes her away. "Get ready Harley. I don't know how many are out there." She nods her head. "I will get everyone else. Stay away from the windows to." I get everyone else as we get ready.

All I think about is Sophia and how she is going to lose me. No. I shake my head. Harley comes over to me with a gun in her hand. "So how do you want to play this?" I peek outside of the window and I seen a person but he or she hid behind a tree. "Let's do it sneaky. We are totally outnumbered." I clench my fist, a growl escape from my mouth.

Leona steps out from the shadows and walks towards the house. I look at Harley and she had her mouth open. Why would she walk out into the open like this? "I know you know we are here Blake. I'm giving you a chance. Surrender Sophia to us and we will spare you. I know you want to save her but it's to late. I promise I will make her death quick." Red comes to us crouching. I jump, startled.

"We are going to have to fight Blake. I know you want to avoid this but it's to late. Leona isn't going to change her mind about this." Red told me. I sigh as I knew what she was saying was true. "Fine. But you I never wanted this. But know this Sophia, Blake's death would be on you!" I clench my teeth. I know what she is doing. She wanted Sophia to turn herself in.

"Fair fight Blake." Leona pulled out a dagger behind her back. "Come out and we can have a fair fight. Don't, and I will come in the house with my people." Her offer sounded good. "No Blake. I don't like this." Harley says. I turn to look at her and give her a small smile. "I have to do this Harley. I get up and walk to the door. I take a deep breath and out my hand on the handle. I turn it slowly and open the door.

When Leona sees me she smiles. I walk out the door and walk over to her. I stayed quite far from her. "It's so good to see you." Leona says. I look around. Yes, there is some people hiding. "If I win, your people with come and kill me." Fights always end badly. "I already ordered them to now hurt you if you win." I pull out my dagger and get into a fighting stance.

Okay Blake, all you need to do is just take her down. You don't have to kill her. Just take her down. Leona got into a fighting stance as well. "Just know Blake, I'm fighting to kill you." Please Blake, win. I heard Sophia speak to me. "I'm not. I'm still hoping you can change your mind."

"Sorry darling, but I won't."

****

This was short but I wanted to leave it at a cliffhanger.