Tattoo Time!

Sophia Gonzalez

Today is the day I get my first tattoo. I'm so nervous. I can still say no but I don't want to. I don't want to say no to Blake because she looked so happy when I said yes. I just have to stop complaining about it and just get it done. The door opens and Blake comes in with a smile on her face. "Are you ready?" I nod. I hope she doesn't see right through me. We walk out of the room and down to the living room.

"What's up Sophia. I heard you are getting your first tattoo. Good luck, I can't wait to see it when it's done." Riley says. I really do need luck. I might chicken out. "Thanks Riley." She nods and walks away. I walk outside feeling the sun on my skin. It felt good. I walk to Blake's car, which was the red convertible that Blake had that day when we met.

"I was going to replace it but then I thought of you. You were staring at me when I was in front of it." I blush. I remember that time. I was so embarrassed. She must of noticed me looking at it and must of known what I was thinking about. We get into the car and she starts it up. "Yeah I remember that time." That time was different. I had my best friend by my side and my mother. It is so weird now.

I haven't heard from my father and I don't think Blake wiped his memories yet. Maybe he didn't really care about my mother and I. He probably doesn't even know that I'm missing. It doesn't matter now, he's dead to me. "What are you thinking about?" I snap out of my thoughts. "Nothing."

"I know when your lying Sophia." Is that a vampire thing? To know if someone is lying or not? Or maybe it's because I'm not trying to hide it. I mean I am sweating and looking real nervous. "I- um. I'm just worried about the tattoo. I don't want it to turn out badly." I lie. I mean it's not technically a lie.

I couldn't get the words out. Mentioning my father is a touchy subject for me. "Don't worry about it Sophia. You will be fine and the tattooist I'm taking you to is really good at what she does. She did most of my gang." I will be the judge of that. "We're here." I look at the small store that has pictures on the windows of tattoos. We get out of the car and walk inside. At the counter is a guy with tattoos on his arms looking down at his phone.

Beside him is a young brunette who has tattoos all over her arm. "Kara, Ethan." Blake says, to get their attention. They both look up at Blake. "Well, if it isn't Blake, my favorite costumer." The woman says. Blake has been in a place like this? "Why thank you Kara." I roll my eyes. "This must be Sophia, the girl that I'm going to be tattooing on?" She asks. "Yep."

"Follow me hun." I follow her to a little room in the back. It had all the stuff you need to do a tattoo. I sit down on the chair. My hands were all sweaty and my hands were shaking. "Okay, where do you want the tattoo at?" She ask Blake. "It's up to her." Kara looks at me waiting for my answer. How about no where and leave? "My back on my right shoulder." She nods. "Okay, turn around."

I take off my shirt. "Ready?" I nod as I look at Blake. She smiles and starts. She starts drawing it and I flinch. I bit my lip but all my anxiety vanished when Blake held my hand. After an hour, she was done. I couldn't wait to get out of here. "See, wasn't so bad was it?" Blake said. "Hey, if you guys want, you can come over." Kara said. "Sure."

Kara decided to leave Ethan to do the tattoos since she wanted to show me her house. Her house was beautiful. It wasn't as big as Blake's house but still a great size nonetheless. "You guys hungry?" Blake nods. Kara goes into the kitchen to fix something. "Sophia, she is my friend. You can trust her." I hated when she read my mind. "I know and I'm sorry. But sometimes it's hard to figure you out." I just wanted my personal thoughts to myself.