Vampires Suck

Sofia Gonzalez

I look at Adrian like he was crazy. "You must be mistaken. I'm not Raven. My name is Sophia." I tell him. "You might not think so now, but you will Raven." Why does he keep on calling me Raven? He looks at his watch and back up at me. "looks like I got to get going. I will see you around princess." He walks out the door, making the door make a clicking sound. Seriously, he locked it? I groan.

I just want to get out of here. I miss my mom. Why did he leave so suddenly. "Why me?" It pains me to know that she is all alone. Does she even remember our father? Actually, that isn't so bad. To not remember that asshole. The door opens and in walks Blake with a worried expression. When she seen me in my state she had guilt all over her face.

She try to come closer but I kept on backing away. "Stop! I don't want you near me! You did this to me." I clench my teeth. Blake didn't say a word. I could tell she wanted to comfort me. But she decided not to. "I don't know what to say. I'm not good with this kind of stuff." She admitted.

That I knew. "Just leave me alone." I didn't look at her. "You need someone I'm here for you." She hugged me from behind and I froze. I close my eyes. I felt content in her arms, but it was crazy. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be in this place at all. I lost my mom, my friends, and the pain won't go away. It was all because of her.

I wanted to say 'go to hell' but I couldn't. I wanted someone to be there for me, but the other part of me wanted no one to see me like this. "I know it's hard right now. Just tell me what to do and I will fix it." There was a lot of things I wanted her to fix. But all I want her to fix is my mother. That's the only thing that I wanted right now.

I want my mom to remember me. "My mother. I want my mother back." I turned around and look at Blake. "If anyone finds out about me having you here then they will go after your family members. I erased all the records of Mary Gonzalez being your mother or anyone else." She was telling the truth. I could tell. But that only made my heart feel worse.

I stood up and turned away from her. If I didn't go to that race none of this would of happen. Why was I so stupid? I lost everything because of my choice. My mother always said stay away from dangerous stuff. But I didn't listen. Now I ruined everything. "I know you won't come to terms with this now, but you will." I heard the door close and I turn around and she was gone. I will never come to terms with this.

Never.

But what choice do I have? I can't leave or I will get caught. Or worse, I will get caught by Lexi. I lay back on the bed. I'm just going have to get use to being around Blake and that Adrian guy. I wonder on who he is. I'm also worried about the girls. I know they act nice but they wouldn't be in a gang because of their generosity. Especially that Allison girl. She wasn't nice to me at all. 

Sometimes I have nightmares of her that I would wake up and she would be standing there and just shoot me. I shiver. The door opens once again and all I just wanted was alone time. "Blake please." I sit up and look at the door but no one was there. "Hello?" Maybe this was a trick.

To get me to come out and just get into more trouble. But Blake wouldn't do that. Would she? I mean how shes been acting it wouldn't be surprising. I get up and go to the door and open it.

I look both ways and no one was there. What is going on? I step out of the room. I walk down the halls. I just now noticed the pictures of Blake. She was wearing old clothes in the pictures. Maybe that's what she wore back them. She did tell me she lived over a 100 years so I'm not surprised.

I kept on walking until I stopped and heard a voice. The door was cracked open so I decided to snoop. There stood Blake talking on the phone pacing back and forth.

"She's broken and I don't know how to fix this. Someone must of told her something if she is miserable but I don't know who. No it can't be me. We have a rat in this mansion and I will find out who it is. I won't let my Sophia feel this way." She hangs up, emphasizing on the word my. Could Adrian be the rat? I mean he told me something that must of been a secret. But I don't know this Raven at all.

She started walking this way and I went into another room to hide. I'm so glad that there was a lot of doors here or I would of been screwed. "Sophia?" I turn around and I see Serena there sitting on her bed watching tv. "Are you hiding from Blake?" She said with a smirk, curiosity written all over her face. That's it, she is going to Blake and I'm going to get in more trouble then I'm already in.

"Don't worry, I won't tell Blake. I'm not a snitch. But you might have to go back to your room though before she knows that your missing." She grabbed a bowl of ice cream on her bedside table and started eating it. That looked so good. I'm hungry. "Want some?" She asked.

I couldn't help but nod. She grabbed an extra spoon on her table and handed it to me. I walked over to her and grabbed the spoon from her and laid beside her on the soft bed. I can't believe she is being so nice to me. But it felt kinda odd.

I grabbed a spoonful of ice cream and put it in my mouth. It tasted good. We just sat there in silence and watch Wrong Turn Five: Bloodlines. This show had a lot of blood in it. "So this show is all about cannibalism?" I looked at her. "Yeah, these are my favorite movies. I prefer scary over romance." Oh my god, she likes watching people eat other people. "That is weird."

She just laughed. "I should probably go." I got up but she just grabbed my wrist. She pulled me back down. "I'm going to eat you Sophia." She said, trying to bite me. But I think she is being playful. "Oh my god!" I tried fighting her off but she was just to strong. How could one girl like herself be this strong? All she was just doing was laughing like a lunatic while she starts to tickle me.

"Serena! I don't want to play!" She accidentally scratched me a little to hard. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to." She says as she stops laughing and looks at me. She looked back at me worried and I was starting to get scared. She got off of me. Her eyes started turning red.

"You need to get out of here Sophia. I can't really control my hunger just yet I'm so sorry." I didn't move. I just watched. "Now!" I got up and ran to the door but before I could open it, Serena grabs my hair and pulls me down on the floor. I fell down hard on the wooden floors and grab my head. It felt like someone hit me in the head with a bat. I'm just surprised I didn't pass out. My vision was blurry.

All I could make out was a blurry Serena standing above me with her fangs out and her red eyes boring into me. "I'm sorry Sophia, I can't control myself." I could tell she was trying to fight it. But she couldn't. She got on top of me and opened her mouth. I close my eyes expecting to feel the pain in my neck any second. But it didn't come. I open my eyes and see a blurry Blake pushing Serena off of me.

"Sarah! Get your sister out of here!" Blake ordered. But she just looked at me laying on the floor. "Now!" She snaps. She snaps out of it and grabbed Serena who was calming down now, but pulled her out of the room. "Oh Sophia." She grabs a pillow and lifts up my head. She lays my head down. She looks at her hand and sees the scratch on my arm.

She takes a deep breath and blows out. She grabs out her phone and calls someone. "Leafa, I need you to come here as fast as you can." She hangs up and looks at me, not making the girl have anytime to answer back. It was so hard to keep my eyes open. But I wanted to know what would happen. "It's okay Sophia, I got you." She puts her hand on my cheek and I lift my shaky arm off the floor and hold her hand that's on my cheek. I close my eyes, trusting this women again. Trusting her that she won't hurt me when I'm in my most vulnerable state. I don't know what, but I'm just scared. I took one last glance at her and then I fell into darkness, just like the other times I've been doing lately.