Red

Blake Kingsley

[Simone Simon]

I've been waiting out in the clinic for the past hour. Leafa is with Sophia healing her. I'm so glad that I have a Druid. The girls are taking care of Serena. They probably sedated her until she calms down.

I knew it wasn't Serena's fault. She can't control herself when she sees blood, and I should have trained her more on that. But I've been so busy that I haven't. But Sophia shouldn't have been out of her room. So how did she get out? I know the girls wouldn't have let her out because they know I will kick their ass if they did. Luckily I have good hearing or I wouldn't have been able to get to Sophia in time. Vampires have better hearing then humans do. Which was quite nice... well sometimes.

I have a lot of enemies and hearing them will be a good thing. "Blake!" I hear someone call me. I turn to the person and it was Sarah running over here. "How is Sophia?" She asks. "I don't know anything yet. But she is going to be fine." I want to believe my own words. I need to be hopeful. But it's hard to be hopeful since you gave up hope a long time ago. It was strange but a nice feeling to have. "I already took care of Serena. She is in her room. Riley is watching over her."

"Okay." We both sit down and wait. Leafa came out of the room wearing a doctors uniform. I got up and hurriedly rushed over to her. "How's Sophia?" I ask her. "I thought you told me she was fine." Riley said, right beside me. I look at her, "my bad." I chuckled. She just gave me a glare and turn to Leafa. "She's fine. She just has a concussion."

"I'm sorry I called you in such short notice. Thank you Leafa for helping me." She smiles at me. "Of course Blake, anything for you." I need to start protecting her. But not by my bodyguards. I know them for so long but I just can't leave them alone with Sophia. I'm going to have to bring her with me twenty four seven. "You can go—" I didn't let her finish and walked right past her to see Sophia. "Okay then." I heard her say from behind me. I close the door and Sophia looks at me.

"Hi Sophia." I came over to her and sat on the bed. She didn't say anything just looked at me with a sad look. It broke my heart to see her like this. "You shouldn't have been out of your room Sophia. This place isn't safe. I know these people but it doesn't mean they still don't have the instinct to feed."

She didn't say anything so I just kept on going. "I know you just want to go home and not think about this but I can't let you. For many reasons that you won't understand." I finished. "Then try me. I need to know." She looked at me with so much confusion and I just wanted to tell her. No. I can't be weak and tell her everything.

"I can't tell you Sophia. Now get some rest." I got off the bed and walked out, "I hate you!" She yelled. I stopped and turned to her. "You hate me? trust me sweetie, the only thing I've been doing is being nice to you. So imagine me being mean to you." I walked out of her room and Riley stood up and looked at me. I put my hands in my pocket, my cheeks red from anger. She hates me. How can she hate me?

"Get Sophia ready for tomorrow. She is going to train, but not by me," I lean closer to her ear, "but by Red." She widen her eyes while I just smirk. I walk out of the clinic and pull out my phone. I dialed Reds number and put it my ear. "Hello?" She says in a sweaty voice. "Red, I need you to train a girl I know." Even if she declined I wouldn't have cared. She would train her and that's final. "Sure. Who is she?" She asks. "Her name is Sophia."

"Okay, bring her anytime." I hang up. I know I might hurt Sophia's injury's but I don't care. She hates me, and then she is going to see my dark side, the side that I didn't want to show her. But damn, I'm furious right now and I feel like killing someone, but I'm trying to control myself. So I'm going to go to the only place that would calm me down.

***
It's already been a day and I'm ready to take Sophia to Red. I get in the drivers seat while she gets in the passengers seat. "Look Blake I didn't mean—"

"Don't." I cut her off. I don't need her apology. I don't know why I'm so mad. She just got out of the hospital wing. But after what she said to me, it just set me off. A lesson that will teach her that when I was being nice, is pretty fucking surprising. It took me thirty minutes to get there.

I park beside a red Jeep and knew it was Reds. We both get out and start walking inside. When we walk inside we both see Red fighting this guy. Her moves were swift. Red is a gifted combat fighter.

A guy was going for a punch but she blocked him and kicked him in the face. "I'm out." Sophia says, walking out. I grab her arm and pull her back. "Hey Red, what's up." I say, getting her attention. Red turns this way and smiles.

She gets out of the ring and walks this way. "If it isn't my favorite troublemaker." She says, which made me smirk. "Well, thank you." Red looks at Sophia. "This must be Sophia."

"Yep." I let go of Sophia's arm and she rubbed it. "Well, lets start training then we can fight for real." Sophia looked speechless. "With you?" Sophia asks. "Of course silly." She laughs, like she was telling a joke. "How about we take baby steps and just punch a punching bag for now." Sophia suggested.

I look at her then back at Red grinning. We laugh at Sophia. "We can't do that. The only way we can make you stronger is train you hard, now let's get started." Red grabs Sophia's hand and starts pulling her to the ring. I take a seat and wait. After about an hour, it was time for Sophia to fight, and I could tell she was tired. Sophia gets in the ring with Red and I could tell she was scared.

Mostly because she was shaking. I get up and go over to the ring. Sophia starts fighting and every time she tries to punch her, Red just blocks it and hits her in the face. It kinda scared me. Especially with her concussion, I was afraid it might get worse.

Sophia fell to the ground and then I started panicking. I started biting my nail. Come on Sophia, you can do it. She gets up and she had blood on her face. I clench my fist. Be strong Blake, she got this. "Come on Sophia, you can do this." Red encourages her. She gets up slowly and looks at her. Okay, I can't do this anymore, she is going to get killed by her and I won't be able to handle that.

But on the other hand, I wanted to make her stronger. I did this so she can protect herself from any danger that came her way. If I get her out if this now then I won't be teaching her a lesson at all. I wanted this for her, and she needs it. Does she? I don't want her to get hurt like my birth parents hurt me. I close my eyes. She needs this Blake. I say, repeating it over in my mind. She needs it.

vote or comment.