Mom?

Sofia Gonzalez

One year later

After I left Blake house, I happen to fall in the hands of my mother. She told me everything about myself. Adrian lied about everything. I didn't fall in love with Blake, she kidnapped me. Which didn't surprise me, she did the same thing now. I just couldn't believe I was actually sorry for her. I punch the bag again and thought about the time we met.

She was standing by her car, not a care in the world. I shake the thought out and punch the bag again. But the vision I had when I was with that woman in the library. It was me. After a year, I still think about her. It was pathetic since I know what she has done to me. "You should have worn gloves." I look down at my bruised knuckles and back at Jared. Jared was my bodyguard for the time being. Luna didn't want to take any chances to leave me alone and have Blake kidnap me again. So now, I'm stuck with him.

But I don't think I will get captured. I've been training since the second week I got here and I come so far. But I do like the company and I like getting to know him. Jared had told me that Adrian, that guy that was telling me the truth, well he was my guardian when I was staying there. I was shocked but he told me that awhile go. I try to push Blake, Adrian, and everyone else behind me.

But I'm failing miserably. "Yeah, I guess." I grab a towel that was on a chair and wipe my face since it was sweaty. "I got to go somewhere and I won't be able to go out with you." Ever since I got here, I've been scared. I was afraid my mother would do harm to me instead of protect me so I kept my guard up.

I stayed up all night so I will make sure Luna won't come and kill me in my sleep. But Luna could tell I was nervous and although I could tell that hurt her because really she was my mother but I had to make sure. So she took me to this park and I grown fond of it. I don't know why she brought me there but she did and I was glad that I went with her.

I went there whenever I get a chance to. But now, I have a chance to go because I have no training today or tomorrow and this is the one time I get to see it until next week. "Come on Jared. What am I suppose to do now?" I ask him. He sighed. "How about you can go on your own and I just won't tell Luna." I smiled, "really?" I say surprised. He never let me go alone anywhere not once. I know Luna and him were trying to protect me and all but I haven't been able to go out on my own that much because she doesn't want me to get taken.

"Yes. But you should know you will be all alone. I won't be there. Do you still want to go?" The first week of being here, Luna told me Jared is my uncle. I was surprised. I guess that was why she chose Jared to be my bodyguard. Jared had brown hair and blue eyes. He was well built, defined jaw. He was pretty good looking and I bet if he tried to date, he could have any girl he wants.

"Yes, I want to go." I was happy and finally I could be alone for once. "Well fine then." He turned away and walked off. I chuckled. He could be so dramatic sometimes. I walk to my room but stop and see Talia cleaning a portrait of Luna. I haven't really called Luna mom yet. I just wasn't ready.

Talia turns to me and stares. She doesn't show any emotion, and it's hard to read her. She hasn't really talked to me since I got here. All she has done was give me food and do regular stuff that a maid was suppose to do. But I always wondered what she was to Luna. Was she just a maid or something more? Even so, I would like her to talk to me.

I did try to make conversation but it always ended simple and short. "Hi Talia." I waved at her. She smiled and went back to work. I rolled my eyes and left. I close my bedroom door and walked to my closet to find new clothes. I grab out a black crop top and black leggings and head straight to the bathroom. I set my clothes on the sink and strip. I turn on the shower and step inside.