The Girls

[Avril Lavigne, Tove Lo, Lana Del Rey]

Sophia Gonzalez

I stare at my phone debating if I should call Blake or not. I don't know if she is asleep or running her business or doing other things. I don't know why I'm shy to text or call her. I don't want to be a bother. I mean what if she can't talk right now? That would be embarrassing. It's only nine pm and I couldn't go to sleep with her on my mind. I wish I could just go over there but I don't have a car.

I need to find someone to drop me off. I can't ask Lexi for help. She would never take me. Also, if she knew that I was still talking to Blake I'm dead. Who else do I know that will help me? I'll text my other friend Sara. She is a good friend, but a little to wild for my liking.

What are you doing?—Sophia.

Netflix and chill. I have nothing better to do. Why?— Sara.

I want to go to someone's house but I don't have a car. I was wondering if maybe you would like to take me?—Sophia.

Who?—Sara.

Blake. She is a friend of mine. So can you come with? I will send you where she lives at.—Sophia.

Sure. I will be over soon.—Sara.

I feel bad asking her this. I just only called her for her car. What a friend I am. Now all I just have to go do is wait and get ready. I put on black shorts with some black fishnet leggings and a strap red crop top and my black leather jacket that Sara bought for me. She always told me to wear it if I had a date which I don't know why, but I guess she leans on the bad girl type while I lean more on the nerdy type.

I put on black high heels to match with the outfit. I didn't like wearing heels since they hurt my feet but I won't be wearing them for to long. I didn't really know why I was getting so dressed up for her. I'm just going over there to see what she is up to. I look out my window and see Sara's black Jeep in front of my house. Okay, it's time to go.

I walk downstairs quietly so my mom wouldn't wake up. She would be so mad if she found out I was going to someone's house at night, especially since she doesn't know them. I grab the house keys and walk outside. I am so glad that it's hot outside or I will be freezing. I get inside her jeep and she hugs me.

I was taken back by this gesture. "I missed you so much. Why haven't you called?" We haven't talked in about a month now. It's not like I didn't want to talk to her. It's just I've been busy a lot and it's taken most up my time. The other half is me looking out for Lexi because of her brother, and I didn't want Lexi to deal with that alone.

"I'm sorry Sara. I promise we will hang out more." I missed Sara's wildness. Well, only a little. Partying is her thing, mine is staying home and just being in introvert. "You better. I don't want to feel like that the only reason you called me is just to get a ride."

"I don't want you just for your car Sara and you know that. I will hang out with you. I promise."I will make it up to her though. I told Sara where Blake lived and we head off. I was really excited, I didn't know why. "Look at you all dressed up. Looking for some down and dirty with this girl?"

"No that's not it." I blush. "Yeah, sure." I was so confused why Blake intrigued me. I look at Sara, but she wasn't smirking. She was biting her lip, looking a little nervous. "Are you okay?" I ask her. "Yeah yeah, I'm fine." I nod. After sitting in the car anxious and waiting to get there, we finally arrived. The gates were open and I realized why. There were a bunch of cars all around her house. We parked next to a red suv and get out. The music was so loud.