Lost

Lexi

I know that I was a traitor. I know that I should be executed. But my gang, Sophia, Sarah, they're my family. I glare at the judge. "I'm not going to die. I have people that I love and I'm not going to lose them." The judge looks at me and was about to say something but didn't. He tenses. "I knew it." I heard a whisper in my ear. I jump back and look at Blake.

Blake looks at me with a smirk then looks at the judge. All of them were shocked to see her here. "What are you doing here?" She turns to me. "Saving your ass that's what I'm doing." She grabs my wrist and looks back at the judge. She smiles wickedly and her fangs pop out. "I'm going to take my leave."

"Why do you care about her! Is it because of Sophia?! Your people come first and if you can't see that then you don't deserve to be queen." In an instant she snapped his neck and he falls to the ground. "If anyone ever tries this again you will end up like him. Now let me get this straight. I do care about my people that is why I'm working with Lexi. Don't think I don't."Blake speed walks to me and pulls me. "You are a pain in the ass you know that?" I cross my arms. "I didn't do this.
***
It was silent in the car. I didn't want to speak to her. Hell, I couldn't even look into her eyes. She glanced at me from time to time. "Sophia and Sarah are worried about you and so is your gang. So be prepared to have an earful of that."

I turn to her. "I'm surprised they care." I tell her. "They do care they just wanted time." I can't believe I'm having a decent conversation with Blake. "Okay, I'm stopping by Subway. What anything?" I shake my head. "Whatever." She parks and opens her car door and I watch her go in. My gang and I are going to beat Leona and we are leaving.

I have to tell Sophia that. I can't be here anymore. It's suffocating. I know it's going to hurt them. But I made my decision and it's final. Maybe I shouldn't tell them and leave them a note. I know if I tell them they are going to beg me to stay and I know I will give in. After everything is over, my gang and I are going to be gone. Sophia and them will never find us.

Blake comes back with her food and starts backing up and leaving. "So, the witches, vampires, and werewolves are all ready to go. They were reluctant but it's all good. "Great." We are close. "How did you find me?" I ask her. I didn't think she will find me at that place. "They were stupid enough to try and execute you at the same place where most of the people I condemn there."

She executes people there!? "I'm surprise you didn't let them kill me but I guess you need my gang." Blake pulls over and turns to look at me. "It's not about your gang Lexi. Sophia and Sarah care about you. I don't see why but they do." I cross my arms. "What about you do? Do you at least like me?"

"A little bit." I laugh. "A little bit?" Blake starts up the car and drives. "Yep." I will get her to like me just like I did with Sarah and Sophia. It's just only a matter of time. I look out the window. I don't need her approval of Sarah and I or me being best friends with Sophia. But I do admit that she is a great leader and will do anything for the people she cares about. Blake turns on the radio.

I look at her. "We got a bit of a drive until we get back and it's getting awkward with this silence. A little music will help ease the tension." I agreed with her. "Hey." She said. "What?" She looked like she wanted to say something but wasn't. "Well?"

She sighs. "This is going to be hard for me to to say but... I will protect you and your gang just like my own. That's a promise. But don't expect me to say it again." She pointed her finger at me. I smile. "Thank you." She smiles as she goes back to driving. Maybe our relationship will grow... someday. But for now, let us enjoy this ride.