Chapter 1:

Today is my first day as a surgical intern at Seattle Grace Hospital and to say that I'm a little nervous is an understatement. I wake up early to take a shower then I throw on a pair of leggings and a short sleeved shirt. I throw on a bit of makeup then I throw on my favourite necklace that my dad gave me when I was five. It's a golden heart locket with a little star on it. I look around the trailer and notice that my dad is nowhere to be found. My dad went out last night and told me he would call when he was coming home. I wonder where he is. As I start getting my things together, I get a text from said father.

Text from: Coolest Dad Ever <3
Hey sweetie, I'll be home in 2 mins. Be ready so we can go straight to the hospital, okay? Love you <3 see you in a bit :)

Text to: Coolest Dad Ever <3
Just finished getting ready :) see you in a bit. Love you too <3 and you better explain why you didn't come home last night ;)

I hear a honk outside as I grab the rest of my stuff then I look in the mirror quickly and take a deep breath.

Delilah: okay... let's do this.

I run out to my dad's car and jump in the passenger seat where I'm greeted by my loving father's smiling face.

Delilah: Derek Christopher Shepherd, you nearly gave me a heart attack this morning! I woke up this morning and you were nowhere to be found in the trailer. You better give me a good explanation as to where you were all night.

My dad laughs at my teasing tone.

Dad: good morning to you too oh sweet beautiful daughter of mine. I bought you coffee on the way here.
Delilah: and this is why you're the best dad ever.

My dad chuckles at me then kisses my cheek as I take a sip of my coffee. We start talking as my dad drives into the city.

Delilah: okay but seriously, where were you all night?
Dad: I went out to a bar.
Delilah: all night?
Dad: well... actually, I... met a girl at the bar.

I see a smile form on my dad's face and I let out a gasp.

Delilah: YOU MET A GIRL AT THE BAR?!
Dad: yes.
Delilah: what does she look like? What did you talk about? Is she pretty? Did anything happen? Wait, don't tell me. I don't need to know. Do you know her name—
Dad: easy there sweetheart, you're going to hurt yourself.
Delilah: I'm sorry. It's just, I haven't seen you so happy in a while.

Ever since my dad found Addison cheating, he's been really sad and desperate to start over and forget about what happened.

Delilah: please tell me you know her name.
Dad: I do know her name, but I'm not gonna tell you.
Delilah: oh come on dad! At least tell me what she looks like.
Dad: she's blonde.
Delilah: was she pretty?
Dad: yes.
Delilah: do you like her?
Dad: I do.
Delilah: well, I'm happy for you dad.
Dad: thank you. So, first day as an intern. You nervous at all?
Delilah: on a scale from one to ten, I'm at a twenty.
Dad: you don't need to be nervous. Just be yourself and you'll be fine.
Delilah: I just want to make a good first impression.
Dad: I'm sure you will. Oh, and the Chief would like to formally meet you when we have the time.
Delilah: I mean, I'll probably see him during the tour of the hospital but okay.
Dad: he's been asking to meet you since I took this position. He just wants to know my daughter.
Delilah: right. Okay, yeah. And speaking of, I don't want anyone in my intern class knowing that I'm a Shepherd or that you're my dad, at least not right now. Don't take it the wrong way! I love being a Shepherd, and I absolutely love having you as my dad. It's just... being the daughter of a famous neurosurgeon can be a lot. People talk behind your back and I don't like being talked about, especially when I hear the bad stuff.
Dad: I completely understand honey. I won't say a word and to be safe, I told Dr. Bailey not to call you Dr. Shepherd.
Delilah: thanks for understanding dad.
Dad: you're welcome.