Chapter 90:

One month. It's been one month since the hospital shooting. It hasn't been easy. I'm recovering bit by bit every day but I'm slowly starting to feel better.

I'm walking through the halls when I felt an arm around my waist.

Delilah: hi sweetie.

I look up at my boyfriend and smile at him. Jackson and I have been doing really well as a couple.

Jackson: hey angel. You have your meeting with Perkins today, right?
Delilah: yeah I do. I really need him to clear me for surgery.
Jackson: are you sure you're okay to go into surgery baby? You could give it a few more days or something. You don't have to dive right into it. You're still recovering.
Delilah: babe, I need the distraction. I miss being in surgery.

Suddenly, I get a text from Mer.

Mer Bear 🧸💕: ur idiot dad was arrested again.

Me: are you serious?? That's the second time. Do you need me to get him?

Mer Bear 🧸💕: no, I have him. We're walking into the hospital now. Come find me.

Delilah: I have to go yell at my dad. He thought it would be fun to get his stupid ass arrested for the second time.
Jackson: have fun sweetie. Good luck with Perkins.
Delilah: considering the amount of trauma I've been through in the last few years, I have some high doubts about Perkins clearing me today. Anywho, see ya later. Byeeee!

I kiss my boyfriend goodbye then I run off to meet Mer and my dad. I find Cristina walking the halls and I stand next to her and read over her shoulder.

Delilah: I love that one.
Cristina: really?
Delilah: it compliments your skin tone.

We see my dad and Mer get off the elevator.

Dad: you said that already.
Meredith: oh, Derek got arrested again. Reckless endangerment.
Dad: Meredith.
Cristina: did he lose his license yet?
Meredith: oh no, because they don't charge him.
Delilah: let me guess. It's because they worship him?
Meredith: yes!
Dad: because I saved some of their lives.
Meredith: what are we picking?
C&D: dress colour.
Delilah: Cristina isn't wearing white.
Cristina: baby Shepherd's right. It's sexist and... vaguely racist.
Dad: oh.
Cristina: no white, no veil, no rice.
Meredith: well, what will your mother say?
Cristina: no mother.
Meredith: you know, I didn't get clear for surgery... and I'm pretty sure it's your fault.
Delilah: I'm probably not gonna get cleared considering that I'm pretty sure Perkins has my file of horror on him.
Dad: Meredith, I am the Chief. I can overrule the counsellor.
Meredith: you can?
Dad: yes.
Delilah: will you get your incredibly amazing daughter whom you love so much cleared for surgery?
Dad: ... fine. Only if you agree to go to therapy.
Delilah: I'll think about it.

April walks next to my dad and starts talking about a skull base chordoma. Apparently, she was cleared for surgery so Mer and I both call her a bitch. I get a text from Dylan.

Dyl Pickle 😂: you get cleared yet??

Me: not yet. My dad's gonna clear me, he can overrule the dumb counsellor since he's the Chief.

Dyl Pickle 😂: ugh!! Curse you and your perks of being the daughter of the Chief :(

Me: tehe, sorry not sorry boo 😋✌🏻

Dyl Pickle 😂: who else needs to get cleared?

Me: me, Mer, Cris, and Alex as far as I know.