Chapter 27:

The next morning, I wake up to the sound of my alarm blaring. I shut it off then I do my morning routine then grab my things off the couch and drive to the hospital. When I get into the intern locker room, I see Izzie, Cristina and Alex sitting together on one of the benches watching Meredith and George for some reason. I notice George walking towards the sinks but he looks at Meredith and walks away which was weird.

Alex: 50 bucks says O'Malley caught her doing Mark Sloan.

Izzie hits Alex in the arm and I take the opportunity to smack him at the back of his head.

Alex: dude! You didn't have to– oh, it's you Del. Sorry.
Izzie: there's something going on. I mean, look at them.
Alex: alright, he walked in on her doing McDreamy.

Cristina and I look at Alex, Cristina bemused and me in disgust.

Alex: did I just call that dude McDreamy?
Cristina: oh, you know you did.
Delilah: dude! Stop talking about my dad.
Alex: awesome. You're ruining my life.
Izzie: ha.

Alex moves close to Izzie to kiss her but she stands up, causing me to laugh.

Delilah: that was smooth.
Cristina: get a room.

Cristina and I follow Izzie who was walking up to Mer and George.

Izzie: guys.
George: excuse me.
Izzie: oh, sorry.

Izzie ducks out of George's way.

Delilah: what's going on you guys?

George and Meredith look at us.

Meredith: nothing.
Cristina: oh, you know we're going to find out anyway.
Izzie: you tell us and maybe we can help.
George: there's nothing to tell.
Cristina: oh, that means there's something to tell.
George: come on.
Meredith: there's nothing to tell.

Alex runs to my side and throws his arm around me as we start rounds.

Alex: you in a better mood?
Delilah: I guess. As far as I know, Mark Sloan is no longer in Seattle and is out of my life for good this time and I'm really praying to god that I never see him again.

We walk into a patient's room, with Dr. Burke coming in shortly after us.

Burke: who would like to present?
Cristina: Keith Paulus, admitted last night with chest pain. Status post acute MI. Ah, no family or personal history of heart disease. No cardiac risk factors.
Amy: he's healthy as a horse.
Keith: a horse who's in bed after just having a heart attack.

I notice Meredith moving around uncomfortably and George does the same thing, waking me slightly tilt my head in confusion at the two.

Amy: see now, any minute I think you're going to tell us this is a false alarm and it just seemed that he had a heart attack.
Keith: she talks when she gets nervous.
Burke: hmm, I understand. Mr. Paulus, unfortunately the scans show what looks like a mass around your heart. A very large mass.
Keith: mass... okay, is that code for tumor?
Amy: okay, that's absurd. He doesn't have a tumor. He's incredibly healthy.
Burke: we won't know until there's further exploration, which is why I'd like to do an angiogram today.
Keith: okay good.

Once we finish our round on Keith, we walk out of the room. I catch up to Meredith and talk to her as we walk.

Delilah: is everything okay between you and George? Cause things seem a bit tense between you two.
Meredith: everything's fine,
Delilah: I can tell something's wrong Meredith. You can tell me, I promise I won't say anything.
Meredith: there's nothing to tell.
Delilah: I know that look on your face Mer. I can keep a secret, you know me.
Meredith: there's nothing to tell D.
Delilah: okay okay, I won't press anymore. But if you ever want to tell me anything, I'm here.