Filler: Delilah goes to DC ☺️

I was practically jumping in my seat as my plane descends into DC. I start playing with the ends of my sweater as we get closer to the ground. The second we touch the ground, I didn't hesitate to jump up, grab my bags from overhead and run off the plane. As I run, I text my dad.

Me: running off the plane as we speak. I'll be there in a sec 😆☺️❤️

I run to baggage claim and grab my suitcases then bolt to the pickup. I was bouncing on my heels on the escalator. I manage to find my dad in a crowd of people, holding a sign with my name on it. I run off the escalator towards my dad and tackle him to the ground into a hug.

Delilah: I've missed you.
Dad: I've missed you more.

We stay on the ground hugging each other for about five minutes then we get into my dad's car and drive to his place.

Delilah: woah. I love this place!
Dad: glad you like it. You must be tired from the flight. I can take your bags into your room and you can rest.
Delilah: I'm not tired at all. I've been drinking coffee since four in the morning.
Dad: how are you not bouncing off the walls?
Delilah: dad, I've been drinking coffee since I was fifteen. I know how to handle my coffee.

My dad chuckles at me and throws his arm around me.

Dad: how would you like to go to the NIH with me?
Delilah: uh... yes please!!

I link arms with my dad and we take a cab to the NIH together. He gives me a tour and I meet some of his colleagues. Of course, he couldn't help but brag about me to everyone which made me smile. After spending a couple hours at the NIH, we go around DC and spend some quality time together.

-skip forward a couple days-

I'm sitting in my dad's office while he works and I'm on the phone with Jackson.

Me- how are the twins doing?
Jackson- they're okay. They really miss their mommy.
Me- I miss them too.
Jackson- when are you coming back?
Me- few more days, give or take. I really miss my dad and I wanna be with him.
Jackson- I understand. Tell Derek I say hi.
Me- I will. Have you heard from April or Dylan?
Jackson- Dylan texted me yesterday.
Me- how is he holding up?
Jackson- he's doing the best he can.
Me- is he at work?
Jackson- he was there yesterday.
Me- and April?
Jackson- no.
Me- have you seen her?
Jackson- I went to see her last night. She was in their baby room sitting in the rocking chair.
Me- oh, poor thing.
Jackson- yeah. Anyways, how's DC treating you?
Me- pretty nice. Dad gave me a tour of DC when I arrived and I got to see the NIH. I even got to meet the president!!
Jackson- that's so cool babe. I assume you have pictures?
Me- you bet your ass I do! I'll show them to you when I get back.
Jackson- you with your dad right now?
Me- mhmm. He's hard at work.
Jackson- I have to go into surgery. I'll talk to you tonight?
Me- okay. I love you hon.
Jackson- I love you more babe. Bye.

I send Jackson a kiss then I hang up.

-later-

I'm sitting at dinner with my dad and I'm trying to text Mer. She was supposed to be in DC with us but she never came.

Me: did something happen? Why aren't you in DC? Call me ❤️

Dad: you trying to get a hold of Mer?
Delilah: yeah. Has she called you?
Dad: nope. I called Maggie but she doesn't know where she is.
Delilah: I've been trying to get a hold of her since yesterday and she hasn't texted me or called me.
Dad: I shouldn't be worried, should I?
Delilah: you shouldn't be. Maybe a trauma came in.
Dad: maybe.