Chapter 169:

I ended up crashing at Mer's so I'm carpooling with her, Maggie and Amy to work. We're currently waiting outside of Alex's apartment for him.

Maggie: this can't be right. They live here?
Meredith: I mean, when you said carpool, I thought you meant just us. Where is Alex?
Amy: are Owen and I going out and I didn't realize it? Does that happen? Do adults even do that?
Meredith: I don't know. Stop asking. Carpooling is supposed to save time.
Maggie: this guy with the beard– I've seen him perform a sex act to buy drugs, take the drugs and fall asleep. He's had a full day already.
Meredith: and yet we're still here.
Maggie: at least I think he's asleep.

I chuckle at Mer and Maggie as I text Alex.

Me: Alexander Michael Karev, you better hurry your ass up!! Don't make me take back naming my child after you.

My Forever Person 💖: I'm coming, chill out.

Amy: adults go home together. They don't go out. They don't go steady. We're not 15.
Meredith: you made out with him on our front porch.
Amy: and I have no idea what that means. Uh, I-I thought we were friends. What does it mean?
Meredith: you sound 15.
Alex: boo!

I squeal when I hear Alex's voice and I glare at my best friend as he chuckles.

Meredith: Alex! I've been sitting here 20 minutes.
Alex: well, yell at Jo for not changing her oil in over a decade.

Alex hops in the back next to me and throws his arm around my shoulders and kisses my forehead.

Meredith: between you and this anatomy class, my morning is shot. I need to stop teaching this anatomy class.
Maggie: your neighbors seem nice.
Alex: yeah, the block's a pit, but it's cheap.
Meredith: everybody buckled?

I hear Mer's phone go off.

Meredith: Webber needs one of us to walk Bailey into her surprise breakfast thing this morning.
Maggie: no thanks.
Alex: not I.
Delilah: nope.
Meredith: I hate all of you.

I chuckle at Meredith as I lay my head on Alex's shoulder as we drive to the hospital. Once we get there, I change then I go into the conference and wait for Bailey for her surprise breakfast. I stand with Callie, Maggie and Amy and I listen as Callie talks about the new girl she's seeing.

Callie: I mean, I just– I just– I-I barely know this woman. We had, like, two dates last week. She asked to see me again tonight. It's crazy. I can't stop thinking about her. You know when you meet someone and you get that flutter...

Callie giggles a little, causing me to chuckle.

Callie: that– that rush and it feels like you know them and they know you and you think to yourself, "I could stare at this person's face forever"? Do you know what I mean? Or maybe not.
Delilah: Callie, I know exactly what you mean.

I look over at Jackson who was standing next to Owen and Dylan and I see that he was looking back at me with the same look. He winks at me, causing me to blush.

Arizona: so, I looked it up, and Bailey's the first.
Amy: first what?
Arizona: first female Chief of Surgery of this hospital. Before that, all men.
Jackson: I say it's about time.
Delilah: I agree, one hundred percent. It was about damn time.

I smile as Jackson throws his arm around my waist.

Amy: and all the department Chiefs are women– Neuro.

I smile as Amy gestures to me.

Delilah: cardio.
Jackson: we got trauma.
Delilah: we also have a female co-Chief of trauma.
Owen: and very proud of it.