Chapter 115: part 2

trigger warning: plane crash

Burning. That's the one thing I feel... burning.

My eyes shoot open and the first thing I see is the sky. I felt excruciating pain all throughout my body and I start whimpering. I look around me and my heart sinks when I see Lexie.

Delilah: L-L-Lexie...

I see Lexie's mouth moving but I couldn't hear her.

Delilah: wh... what?

I try to read Lexie's lips but I couldn't decipher what she was saying. I point to my ear to indicate that I couldn't hear her, but... I felt something sharp touch my fingers, causing me to wince in pain. I look at my fingers and I see...

Blood.

I was about to reach for my ear when I see Meredith, Cristina and Mark. Mark pops up in from of me and tries talking to me.

Mark's POV:

I look at my goddaughter and the first thing I see is flames going along her left arm, along with shards of glass on her right. I rip a big piece of my scrubs and I start putting the fire out. When I get to her hands, I see a massive piece of glass sticking out of her hand. I look up at my goddaughter to warn her.

Mark: Delilah sweetheart, you're going to be okay. I'm right here.

Delilah doesn't respond. She turns her head slightly and my heart sinks when I see a massive piece of glass stabbed into her left ear. She can't hear me.

3rd Person POV:

We see Alex, Dylan and Jackson in the locker room. Jackson is looking at his phone, waiting for his fiancé to call. Delilah had promised him that she would call the second she landed in Boise but he never got the call and it's the next morning and he's gotten nothing.

Dylan: relax bro, I'm sure she's just busy with the conjoined twins. You know how she is.
Jackson: yeah. Yeah, I shouldn't worry. I'm sure she's fine.

Little does he know that his fiancé, the love of his life... is stranded in the woods hurt and in pain.

Meanwhile, in the woods, we see Mark and Lexie with Delilah a little ways away from them.

Lexie: t-t-tell Delilah... that I love her too, a-and that she... is the greatest b-b-best friend that I-I-I-I could e-e-ever ask f-for.
Mark: you don't die today. You hear me?

My POV:

I hear muffled sounds of someone sobbing and I look up to see Meredith sobbing.

Delilah: M-Mer...

Mark looks over at me with tears in his eyes.

Delilah: L-L-Lexie...

Cristina shakes her head and my heart sinks at the realization. Lexie is dead. One of my closest friends... my family is dead. When I start thinking about my family, realization hits me like a truck.

My dad.

Delilah: d-d-dad. I need t-t-to find m-m-my dad.

I try to push myself up but a giant surge of pain shoots through my leg, causing me to let out a blood curdling scream, that I couldn't even hear myself 'cause I'm pretty sure I'm fucking deaf now.

Cristina's POV:

Lilah tries to stand up, but the glass in her leg caused her to scream in pain. I look at my person and give her an apologetic look.

Cristina: I'm sorry baby Shepherd.

I grab the giant piece of glass in her leg and pull it out quick, causing Lilah to scream again.