Chapter 43:

The last couple of days were a bit chaotic. Meredith revealed to me that Cristina had been helping Burke cover up his tremor that he developed after he got shot and now that everybody knows, they aren't happy. I can't lie, I was a bit pissed off at Cristina myself for keeping such a big secret. But, Cristina is my best friend and I'll still defend her. I heard my friends talking about Cristina as I got ready.

Izzie: maybe she'll be on "look but don't touch" patrol too. At least I'll have some company.

I roll my eyes at Izzie's pettiness.

Alex: whatever she gets, I hope it's bad. Really bad.

I whack Alex at the back of the head.

Delilah: Alex!
Meredith: she made a mistake, we all make—
George: a mistake? She was going to let Burke, Burke with a shaky hand, operate on my father.

Then, Cristina walks into the room. Everyone starts staring at her.

Cristina: could you stop looking at me like that? It's creepy and it makes you look like you haven't been fed.

Everyone leaves except for me, Cristina and Meredith.

Meredith: so, how's it going?
Cristina: how's what going?
Meredith: you and Burke. Are you okay?
Cristina: we're existing in total silence.
Delilah: he's not speaking to you?
Cristina: well, I'm not speaking to him either.
Meredith: we're sorry.
Delilah: are you okay?
Cristina: stop asking, okay?
Delilah: we're making an effort here Cris.
Cristina: well, don't.
Bailey: rounds started 30 seconds ago. The Chief may be confused about punishment for you but I'm not. You late again, you will find yourself another resident.

We scurry out of the locker room and follow Bailey. I see Addison approaching us.

Addison: Dr. Bailey, can I have Grey?
Bailey: you can have them all.

We walk and start our rounds. The first room we go to is Harold's room.

Delilah: hi everyone!
Louise: Delilah! Give me a hug sweetie.

I run over to George's mom and she pulls me into a big bear hug. I had the chance to meet George's mom the other day and she's possibly my favourite person ever. Apparently, Harold went on and on about me to his wife after I met him on Thanksgiving.

Louise: I put out some breakfast in case you kids were hungry.
Alex: score!
Bailey: Karev.

I see George's brothers come into the room.

Ronny: hey, ready for the big day pops?
Jerry: food!

I chuckle as the boys lunge for the food. I manage to scoot close to the food table and snag a couple things. I see Dr. Hahn walk into the room. I had the chance to meet and talk to Dr. Hahn the other day and I want to say that she likes me but she's kind of hard to read.

Hahn: alright, let's make this fast people. I have a day. Which one of the interns is mine?
Alex: it's me or Delilah. He's family and she's a candy stripper.
Izzie: I'm ready.
George: what if you did pick me. What if you picked me?
R&J: ohh, pick me!
George: guys, this is serious!
Bailey: Yang.
Everyone: what?
Bailey: Dr. Hahn, Cristina is very good with cardio. I'm sure you could her for the day. Shepherd, present.
Delilah: Harold O'Malley, age 63. Diagnosed with esophageal cancer and severe aortic regurge. Is scheduled for aortic valve replacement this afternoon.

We walk out of the room and go to another patient's room.

Alex: dude, I wanted in on that case and she gives it to Yang. I haven't had a cardiac case in ages.
George: it's not a case, it's my father.
Izzie: it's a double standard. Yang does something wrong, and she gets rewarded. That's fair.
Delilah: guys, it isn't a reward.
Bailey: if you three thumb suckers don't stop whining, I swear I will not show you what's behind this door. And trust me, you want to see what's behind this door.