Chapter 11:

The next morning, I make coffee for the whole house and pour a couple glasses of water for Meredith and Cristina while they're in the bathroom. I run back upstairs and walk into the bathroom where Mer is lying on the floor in front of the toilet.

Meredith: it's not us. It's them. Them and their stupid boy penises. They didn't tell me they had a wife. They gave absolutely no warning that they were going to break up with you.

Cristina opens the shower door.

Cristina: it's not that Burke broke up with me. It's how he broke up with me. Like it was business. Like it was a business transition like he's the boss of me!
Meredith: he is the boss of you.
Delilah: that's worse.
Cristina: my thought exactly! See, this is why we work baby Shepherd.
Meredith: I'm gonna throw up again.

I lean next to Mer and pull her hair back as she hovers over the toilet. I keep my hand lightly on her back.

Meredith: no. Wait. False alarm.

I chuckle when Cristina opens the shower door again.

Cristina: look, the problem is estrogen.
Delilah: true.
Meredith: no, the problem is tequila.
Delilah: also true.
Cristina: I used to be all business, and then he goes and gets me pregnant.
Meredith: with the stupid boy penis.
Cristina: now, I'm having hormone surges. He ruined me. I'm ruined. He turned me into this fat, stupid, pregnant girl. Who cares! Estrogen.

I chuckle at my pregnant, very hormonal best friend as she shuts the shower door again and my hungover best friend. The bathroom door opens and Izzie and George walk in.

Meredith: penises. Penises Izzie.
Cristina: estrogen George.
George: okay. What happened?

I pass Cristina her glass of water and kiss her head jokingly like a caring mother.

Izzie: I came home to full on vomit drama.
Delilah: I dealt with them all night so you wouldn't have to, be thankful I'm around. Meredith dumped my dad and obviously, you knew Cristina's been sleeping with Burke.
George: I knew that.

George leans down to kiss my forehead which makes me giggle then he starts brushing his teeth.

George: so you really broke up with Shepherd?
Meredith: I feel empty.

I rub Meredith's back in support.
Izzie: two hours of vomiting will do that to you.
Meredith: no, I feel empty.

I nod my head at Meredith knowing what she exactly meant. I knew how she felt for my dad because I knew that my dad felt the same way about her. Meredith wasn't a fling, I could tell they were falling for each other. Without each other, they felt empty inside. I hand Meredith her glass of water.

Cristina: you're lucky, I feel pissed off.
Delilah: both of you, drink your water right now and get dressed so we can go to the hospital. I expect you downstairs in half an hour. Hurry it up!

I get off the floor then grab my stuff in Mer's room. I get a text from my dad.

Text from: Coolest Dad Ever <3
You didn't come by last night :(

Text to: Coolest Dad Ever <3
I was dealing with a very drunk Meredith all night, I was being a good friend and taking care of her. And today, I will be looking after a very hungover Meredith. Sorry dad.

Once everyone was ready, I take my car and I drive to the hospital behind the others. I pull up next to the group and I see my dad waiting for Meredith. I smile at my dad then I speed into the hospital not wanting to get pulled into their drama. I run into the locker room, change into my scrubs then find Bailey.