Chapter 67:

Meredith ended up finding a bunch of journals that belonged to her mother and she gave some of them to Cristina and I. I'm currently reading one of them and I'm blown away. I'm currently on the phone with Cristina.

Me- this is absolutely unbelievable!! I can't put this down for even a second.
Cristina- I feel you baby Shepherd.
Me- I'm gonna put Mer on, hold on.

I patch Meredith into the call and she answers after three rings.

Meredith- hello.
Cristina- these are amazing.
Me- they're incredible Mer!
Cristina- they're– they're all about the medicine. I mean, there's, like, no personal crap, no talk about boyfriends or feelings.
Me- she barely mentions you.
Meredith- yes, thank you for pointing that out. What about when she held the retractor for six hours without moving?
Me- amazing! Man, I aspire to be like your mother.
Cristina- they're like the Harry Potter books I never had.
Me- honestly, these are better than the Harry Potter books. And that's really saying something, 'cause you know me and my Harry Potter obsession.
Meredith- hey, did you guys read the part when she did the pyloric stenosis on the three week old baby?
Me- oh my god, yes! Your mother is a fricking badass. Sometimes, I wish we were related Mer.
Meredith- me too, to be honest.

I spend the next few hours just talking about our journals.

-next morning-

I'm on the phone with Scotty talking to him about the Ellis Grey journals while reading it as I walk into work.

Me- I'm telling you Scotty, these journals are a freakin' gold mine. It's all about the medicine and no personal crap. It's amazing! I wish you could see all this.
Scotty- I find it weird that your best friend is allowing you to read her deceased mother's old journals.
Me- I told ya, Mer, Cris and I have a really weird friendship that just works.

I see Cristina in the distance following my father and Meredith as I stuff the journal in my bag.

Me- gotta go. Bye!

I hang up on Scotty then jog up to the group.

Delilah: hey.
Cristina: hey, you're late.
Delilah: yeah. She has a skills lab.
Dad: good morning Cristina, good morning Lilah. It feels like minutes. See you later?

I tell Cristina and Mer that I'll catch up then I fall back with my dad.

Delilah: someone's grumpy.
Dad: you and your best friends, one of them being my girlfriend, kept me up.
Delilah: it's not my fault your girlfriend loves me more than you.

Dad playfully rolls his eyes at me, causing me to giggle, then playfully shoves me as Bailey comes around talking on the phone.

Bailey: no no, Tucker. I did not say I won't do the marriage counseling. I'm saying I can't do it in the morning again. I am now 20 minutes late for work. O-Okay, I'll see you tonight.

I smile at Bailey as she hangs up on her husband.

Dad: marriage counseling– how's that going?
Bailey: you just heard us arguing about the marriage counseling. How do you think it's going?

I lean on my dad's shoulder as he lets out a yawn.

Bailey: no. You're doing a craniotomy on my patient Rosemary Bullard today. Now, are you gonna be awake for that, or will you be yawning into her brain?
Dad: Meredith kept me up most of the night.
Bailey: I don't want to hear about your dirty, nasty—
Dad: talking on the phone with Cristina and my daughter.
Bailey: aww, and they stole your sleep? Did you say Yang goes or I go?
Dad: I don't think I'd win that one.
Delilah: you wouldn't. And you can't exactly get rid of me either, I'm your daughter.
Bailey: those two plus your daughter come as a set. You should know that by now.
Dad: before, she had Burke. Burke helped.
Bailey: true.
Delilah: well, Burke is a selfish coward that had the nerve to leave my best friend so we don't speak of him anymore.
Dad: I think counseling's a good move. Addison and I did counseling.
Delilah: hah! Yeah, and how did that work out for ya dad?