Chapter 8:

I wake up bright and early to take a shower then get ready for the day before driving to the hospital. I change in the locker room then I run around to find Meredith and Cristina standing in front of a patient's room talking to a doctor from psych.

Cristina: this guy belongs in Psych. What are you doing turfing him here?
Psych Doctor: he's my gift to you. Had a seizure two days ago and had another one this morning.
Meredith: what are you talking about? It says right here, "he talks to dead people, his family thinks he's dangerous. They had him committed". That's Psych, not Neuro.
Cristina: man, didn't you go to med school?
Psych Doctor: yes, and unlike the correspondence school you attended—
Delilah: oh, and that would be Stanford, Dartmouth and NYU... right?
Psych Doctor: I learned not to jump to conclusions. Sorry ladies. We can't take him back unless he's cleared.
Cristina: so, you're dumping him on us?
Psych Doctor: he thinks his seizures are visions.
Mr. Duff: hello! They're not seizures. I'm psychic.
Cristina: of course you are. And I'm a chicken.

I stifle a laugh then I scoff as I see the psych doctor run off.

Delilah: hey genius!

I sigh then walk into the patient's room with Mer and Cristina.

Meredith: okay Mr. Duff, we're gonna start our work up now.
Mr. Duff: work me up, work me down, I'm telling you it's a waste of time.
Cristina: okay, well, humour us. Can you grip my fingers please?

I look up at Mr. Duff and he seems to be in a trance.

Meredith: Cristina.
Delilah: Mr. Duff?
Meredith: Mr. Duff, are you okay?
Mr. Duff: someone...
Meredith: someone what?
Mr. Duff: someone's gonna check out. Bye bye.
Cristina: oh man, he's nuts.
Mr. Duff: I'm dizzy, not dead lady. And I'm telling you, someone on the fourth floor is gonna die.

I open my mouth to speak but I get interrupted by someone on the PA system.

PA: code blue, fourth floor. Code blue, fourth floor.

We see the code team run past us and we leave the room. Meredith separates from Cristina and I.

Delilah: are you still sick? Is everything alright Cristina?
Cristina: I'm fine baby Shepherd. Can you cover me on the sixteenth?
Delilah: I'm already working on the sixteenth, sorry.

George joins us in the hallway. He puts an arm around my waist and kisses the side of my head.

George: fourth floor, dead guy. The psychic predicted the fourth floor dead guy.
Delilah: George, he isn't psychic. He's just crazy.
Cristina: I need someone to cover me on the sixteenth. You in?

I see Meredith walk by with my dad. My dad gives me a smile before walking off. I notice George looking at Meredith as they walk by.

George: I'm thinking of letting my hair grow. And maybe I won't shave. Go for the stubble effect. What do you think?
Cristina: the sixteenth George. Can you cover me or not?
George: uh, yeah. Why?
Cristina: it's none of your business.
George: thank you would be nice.
Delilah: by the way hon, you can't pull off stubble. You're meant to have a baby face. And your hair is great the way it is. Don't change yourself for Meredith, you're handsome just the way you are.

George hugs me tighter and kisses my cheek making me giggle.

George: your dad was sleeping at our house.
Delilah: okay?
George: it's weird. He's been there for a week.
Delilah: although that is weird, I'm not going to judge my father. I'm gonna get coffee then I have to check in on "psychic" guy.

I kiss George on the nose then I run to the coffee cart and order a coffee. I find Cristina walking in the direction of Mr. Duff's room.

Delilah: you sure you don't need to lay down Cristina? You aren't looking so good.
Cristina: I'll be fine baby Shepherd.
Delilah: okay. Well, I'm here for you if you need anything. Literally anything. Just say the word.
Cristina: your happiness freaks me out sometimes.
Delilah: hey, my happiness balances out you and Mer's dark and twistedness.