Chapter 115:

3rd Person POV:

We see all the Attendings in a meeting with Owen Hunt discussing the residents and where they are going for their fellowships.

Owen: where are we with Avery?
Mark: Tulane and Emory want him bad. He also has an offer at NY Pres thanks to his fiancé, aka my goddaughter.
Derek: aka my daughter.
Owen: Grey?
Derek: uh, still between Boston and Seattle.
Owen: what about your daughter, Shepherd?
Derek: her top choices are Seattle, Boston, New York and Tulane.
Owen: if I'm losing my two most talented residents, not to mention my trauma protege, and my top neurosurgeon, I'd love a decision sooner than later.
Derek: you and me both Hunt.

My POV:

Everything was in full swing at Meredith's house. In honour of us passing our boards, we decided to throw a party at Mer's. I was celebrating the fact that I passed the boards and the fact that I'm getting married. Music was on full blast as Mer, Cris and I are dancing around with beers in our hands.

Meredith: we passed our boards!
Cristina: we killed our boards!
Delilah: we dominated our boards! And I'm getting married bitches!!
M&C: you're getting married!

We continue dancing around for a while then I find Jackson close by so I grab him and start dancing with him. I hear someone's phone and I realize that it's Cristina's.

Cristina: wait, wait, wait. Music.

I grab Cristina's phone and toss it to her and watch her answer the phone as Mer turns the music down.

Cristina: this is Dr. Yang. Mhmm. Mhmm. Well, that does certainly give me a lot to think about. Thank you so much for calling.

I smirk at Cristina as she hangs up.

Cristina: MAYO wants to give me a research lab. Guess who's back in the running!

We cheer for Cristina as we continue the party. I felt my phone vibrate and I hear my ringtone.

Delilah: hey hey hey, music!

Mer turns the music down again and I answer my phone.

Delilah: this is Dr. Delilah Shepherd speaking. Mhmm. Oh... oh wow. Well, that certainly is an offer to think about. Thank you for your call.

I hang up the call and smile.

Delilah: ya girl is being offered head of Plastics at MAYO baby. LET'S GO!!

Everyone cheers and we turn the music back up. I walk over to my fiancé who was standing with Alex and Dylan.

Delilah: hello boys!!
Jackson: having fun sweetie?
Delilah: hell yeah I am! I passed my boards and I'm celebrating with my two best buds and my fiancé. I'm on top of the freakin' world baby!

The three boys smile at me as I lean my head on Jackson's chest. Then, I hear someone's phone ring.

Delilah: turn the music down!!

I realize that it was April's phone and I see her answer.

April: hello. Uh, yes, this is she. Uh huh. Uh huh. Okay. Well yes, thank you. Um, thank you so much for the opportunity.

My smile falters when I see the look on April's face as she hangs up.

April: UVA wants a board certified surgeon so they pulled my offer.

I place a comforting hand on April's shoulder but she pulls away.

April: come on. Music. Come on. Music! Come on!

Jackson and I look at April in concern as she jumps on the couch and starts dancing manically.

-morning-