Chapter 114: Part 2

I walk out of the hotel, suitcase in hand as I sit on the curb with Mer, Cris, Jackson, Dylan and April.

Meredith: that was hell. Actual physical hell.
Cristina: I think I went a tad overboard. A lot overboard.
Meredith: they took something from me.
Delilah: I think my soul died in that room.
Jackson: yeah, that wasn't an exam. That was an interrogation.
Dylan: god, I wanna kill myself.
Cristina: like, way... way overboard.
M&D: the mind games.
April: trick questions.
Jackson: it felt like...
Dylan: it felt like freakin' Al Qaeda in there.
Meredith: the next test is June.
Cristina: June's not bad.
M&D: 2013.
Cristina: oh.
Jackson: what's done is done. Let's just not even talk about it anymore.
Delilah: amen baby.
Meredith: anyone know how Alex did?
April: anyone know if Alex made it?
Cristina: made it?
Meredith: what do you mean made it?

~6 hours earlier~
Session 1

I smile at my examiner, trying my best to keep my cool considering my examiner was Tom fucking Koracick.

Koracick: welcome to the American Medical Board of Surgery certifying examination. We'll give you four separate scenarios in three 30 minute sessions, 10 minute breaks in between. To pass the test, you must pass two of the three sessions. You can fail a session and still pass. But examiners are not permitted to indicate whether you passed or failed each session. You'll be rated on your ability to diagnose, manage treatment, handle the unexpected– basically, the strength of your constitution in crisis. And when we move on to the next scenario, once the question is asked, it cannot be repeated. Do you understand Dr. Shepherd?
Delilah: yes Dr. Koracick.
Koracick: alright, here we go. A 46 year old woman is brought into the ER after a major head on collision. Paramedics say that she lost consciousness in the field and he started seizing when he woke up. What do you do?

My hands started getting really sweaty and my heart was pounding out of my chest.

Delilah: um, well, I-I would check his vitals, along with pupillary response. And then I-I would order a head and spinal CT. After that—
Koracick: head and spinal CT? Are you sure about that?
Delilah: y-yes. Yes, I-I'm positive.
Koracick: ... interesting. Proceed.

I walk out that room and the second the door closes, I let out a small whimper. I see my boyfriend approaching me and I immediately bury my face in his chest.

Delilah: I hate myself.
Jackson: you and me both princess.
Delilah: I have to get through two more sessions with Tom fucking Koracick. I don't think I can do it baby. I-I just can't.
Jackson: hey hey hey hey, you need to calm down. Come here.

Jackson takes my hand and takes me into an empty room.

Jackson: you're going to be okay. You need to breathe.
Delilah: I was stuttering hot mess in there. God knows how the next two sessions are gonna go. I'm going to make a total fool of myself and I-I'm gonna fail, then my family is gonna disown me and my life is gonna be over—

I get cut off when Jackson pins me against the wall and smashes his lips on mine. I wrap my arms around Jackson's neck as I felt Jackson's hands on my hips. We make out for a bit then we pull away for air.

Jackson: jump.

I smirk at Jackson as I jump and wrap my legs around his waist as we continue to make out.