Chapter 171:

Today is gonna be a difficult day because Penelope Blake starts today. I don't know how I'm gonna be able to work with her.

Jackson: Penny starts today.
Delilah: Blake.
Jackson: please tell me you're going to be easy on her.
Delilah: nope.
Jackson: honey—
Delilah: she killed my father Jackson. She deserves to know that she can't mess with me after what she did to me. She doesn't belong at Grey-Sloan and I will make sure that she gets transferred if it's the last thing I do. I don't care if it costs me my career.

Jackson sighs at me as we continue to drive to the hospital. When we get there, I immediately find Meredith walking around.

Delilah: hey.
Meredith: hey. Blake being here is gonna be harder on you than it is on me. You gonna be okay?
Delilah: Mer, this has to be harder on you.
Meredith: she killed your dad. He may have been my husband, but he was your father.
Delilah: I don't know how I'm gonna be able to be around her.
Meredith: I'm here if you need me.
Delilah: thanks.
Meredith: Blake is on my service today. New transfers always do their first rotation with the Chief of General, so it's my lucky day.

You could sense Mer's sarcasm from a mile away.

Delilah: are you gonna be okay having her? As much as I hate her, I'd be willing to do that for you.
Meredith: I don't want you to torture yourself. I'll be fine with Blake.
Delilah: okay. But I'm willing to torture myself for you if you can't be around Blake.
Meredith: ... that is the sweetest thing you've ever said to me.

Mer and I share a laugh for the first time in a few days.

Mer and I have grown closer throughout the many years we've known each other but with everything we've been through together this past year, I was surprised that we could get any closer than we already are.

Delilah: I have to go. I have a case with Jackson and Dylan.
Meredith: how is Jackson with all of this?
Delilah: he wants me to go easy on her. I want to be the bigger person Mer, I really do. I just...
Meredith: you'll never forgive her. And you don't have to. Jackson will understand.
Delilah: I really hope so. Anyways, text me if you need me.

I give Mer a hug before running off to change then meeting Jackson, Dylan and Ben in the imaging room.

Delilah: hey, sorry I'm late.
Jackson: you're fine.

I stand next to Dylan as I look at the images.

Dylan: Jackson and I did this case a year ago.
Ben: looks amazing. And we're doing something like this again today?
Jackson: yeah.
Dylan: April's bringing in a kid from Jordan with Ollier's disease.
Delilah: you can see, these are the enchondromas.
Ben: cartilaginous tumors. They– they grow from the growth plates, right?
Jackson: exactly.
Dylan: which is why you're gonna want to do a wide local excision, expose the bone so we can get in there and reconstruct the hand—
Ben: wait, wait, wait, wait. I will? I'll dissect the tumors?
Dylan: we thought so.
Jackson: if you're up for it.
Ben: hell yes I am.
Delilah: that's our boy.

I smile as I see April walk in from the corner of my eye.

April: are you ready? They're on their way up.
Dylan: uh, why don't you head up to Peds, help him get settled?

I could sense the tension between April and Dylan so Jackson and I walk out of the room.

Delilah: are they gonna be okay?
Jackson: I hope so. Have you seen Blake?
Delilah: no, thank God.

I walk with Jackson to Peds and I introduce myself to the little boy that April brought in.

Kamal: I rode on a bus, a train, a plane, three cars and a helicopter.