Chapter 33:

Meredith woke me up and asked me to go to the bar so me being the good friend I am, I went to the bar and now I'm sitting at the bar with Mer, Cristina and Izzie as they rant to each other, mostly me, about their boy problems as they watch my dad and Burke playing darts.

Cristina: he's picturing my face. He's totally picturing that dart puncturing my skull.
Delilah: that's a bit much Cris.

I watch Burke flex his arm at Cristina mockingly.

Cristina: woah, look at that!

I sigh when I see my dad and Meredith exchange angry looks. My dad looks at me then I mouth 'I'm sorry' to him before putting my attention to the girls.

Izzie: Derek... Derek is picturing you.
Meredith: he called me a whore. He lost the right to picture me.
Izzie: hmm.
Cristina: so I fall asleep during sex. So what? Ass!
Meredith: ass!

I smile when I see Alex walk in.

Izzie: oh, ass! Hey!

I roll my eyes at Izzie as Alex stands next to me.

Alex: Isobel Stevens has finally left the hospital. Does this mean heart patient dude finally kicked it?

I chuckle but whack Alex at the back of the head.

Izzie: I'm sorry, this section of the bar is for surgeons. We don't socialize with gynecologists.

Alex walks off and I see George walk in with Callie.

Izzie: George! Hey.
Meredith; hi Callie.
Cristina: hi Dr. Torres.

The girls walk off to a different area while I sit with George and Callie.

George: a gin and tonic and a beer.

I decided to make some small talk with Callie. I could tell she was uncomfortable with the way the girls were around her, especially Izzie.

Delilah: how are you Callie?
Callie: I'm good.
Delilah: listen, don't let Izzie or any of the girls get to you.
Callie: I just feel like I'm back in high school, you know? With all the—
Delilah: the popular mean girls. I know. I felt the same way when I first started working at the hospital. Izzie trash talked me a lot on and off before we became cool with each other. But don't worry, she'll lighten up. And Meredith and Cristina, they're different but you'll like them once you know them.

Callie gives me a smile.

Callie: thanks Delilah. And thanks, you know, for actually liking me.
Delilah: I like to judge people by first impressions and their personality. You're really nice and I can tell you like George and if my best friend is happy, I'm happy.

Callie smiles at me again then I get a text from Theo.

Text from: My Boy <3
I went home. Call me later <3

Text to: My Boy <3
Okay, love you <3

I spend a couple hours with Callie then I go home to rest for a few more hours.

-morning-

I do my morning routine then I drive to work. I go to the locker room and I change into my scrubs. Once I was ready, I run down to the ER where I find Meredith and Cristina with the others.

Delilah: hey... woah. What's going on?
Meredith: why are they all in the hallway?
Cristina: overflow in the ER.
Izzie: a paramedic told us an employee went postal. Shot up a restaurant.
Delilah: oh my god...
George: I hear he got away.
M&D: really?