Chapter 61:

Today's the day. Today is the first day of my dad, Mer and I's clinical trial. To say that I was excited is an understatement. I walk by a nurses station with the biggest smile on my face as I greet my friends.

Delilah: it's clinical trial day Mer bear!
Meredith: hell yeah it is Del! Our first day! Our clinical trial, our baby, all grown up.
Delilah: you know it baby!
Izzie: you know, nobody cares about your clinical trial or your sick, sick, terminal patients, who'd probably rather be left for dead.
Delilah: you're just jealous Izzie.
Cristina: anyone can come up with a clinical trial. I could come up with a clinical trial.
M&D: jealous.
Cristina: not that it would matter cause Hahn wouldn't sign off on it. You know she won't even talk to me?
Izzie: she always enjoyed talking to me.
Cristina: really, about what?
Izzie: her hopes, her dreams, then we would braid each other's hair.
Cristina: baby Shepherd?

I look at my best friend.

Delilah: yes Cristina my dear?
Cristina: will you use your sparkle pager to get me in on Hahn's surgery today?
Delilah: Cristina, I'm not thinking about anything else but my clinical trial, because my clinical trial starts today!

Cristina stares at me for a second then she tries to steal the pager from my lab coat.

Izzie: sparkle pager stealer!

I whack Cristina, take the pager back then walk out of the room. I meet up with my dad and Meredith catches up to us and we discuss the first patient for our clinical trial. After we discuss, I meet with my interns and give them their assignments. After that, I stop by the lab and hang out with Mark for a bit.

Delilah: today is a great day! My dad and I's clinical trial started today and I'm on cloud nine.
Mark: I'm proud of ya kid.

I hear the door open and my eyes widen when I see Addison walk into the room.

Mark: there she is!
Delilah: Addie!

I run up to Addison and give her a big hug. I've reached out to her a few times since she moved away to Los Angeles but we don't talk as much as we used to.

Delilah: how are you? You look great!
Addison: so do you! How's my favourite resident?
Delilah: I'm good. Have you seen dad?
Addison: I did.
Delilah: I'm so glad you're back.
Addison: I'm not back. I'm here for a surgery and I'm gone. Hey, how would you like to scrub in with me?
Delilah: sorry Addie, I can't. I'm working with dad on our new clinical trial which—

I get interrupted by my pager going off.

Delilah: that's me. Time to make medical history. Let's get lunch, yeah?
Addison: yes, let's do that.

I give Addison one last hug then I page my interns to meet me by Mr. Robinson's room.

Delilah: alright everybody, what you're about to witness is ground breaking medical history. Soak in all the greatness that you can because you don't get to see this often.
Leon: you're doing this clinical trial with your father too, right Dr. Shepherd?
Delilah: yes Drake.
Leon: congratulations.
Delilah: thank you. But I need to warn you that this patient will be intense and inappropriately emotional and abusive. But don't take it personally.

I see Mer come around with her interns and I see my dad coming around with George.

Meredith: take in the moment.
Delilah: hey.
Meredith: hey!
Dad: okay Dr. Grey and Dr. Shepherd, did you warn the interns on what to expect?
Delilah: yes Dr. Shepherd.
Meredith: I told them to expect greatness.
Dad: yes. In addition to all the greatness, the patient may be inappropriately emotional, which means he's aggressive. Uh, abusive. Don't take it personally, okay? Don't engage. Just realize it's the tumor talking, okay?