Chapter 92:

I get woken up to the sound of screaming. I open my eyes and turn my head to see Jackson squirming around frantically and his screaming gets louder.

Ever since the shooting, Jackson has been sleeping at my place a lot considering he couldn't sleep at his apartment anymore now that Charles was dead. He also started having nightmares after the shooting.

I begin to shake my boyfriend to wake him up.

Delilah: baby.

Jackson continues to scream so I latch onto his shoulders and shake him.

Delilah: baby! Baby, wake up!

Jackson stops screaming and opens his eyes.

Jackson: Charles! Charles, where's Charles?
Delilah: Charles is dead baby. I'm so sorry.

Jackson start crying a little bit so I sit up, lean my back on my headboard and place Jackson's head in my lap.

Delilah: shh baby. It's okay, I'm here.
Jackson: can you tell me something? Anything.
Delilah: okay. Um... I was a theatre kid in high school.
Jackson: really?
Delilah: yeah. I mean, it was the one thing I did in high school since I mostly worked.
Jackson: did you do any musicals?
Delilah: I did one, Grease. Junior year. I played Rizzo.
Jackson: did you like it?
Delilah: I did. I loved every minute of it and I miss it.
Jackson: I bet you were a great Rizzo.
Delilah: thank you baby.

I continue to tell Jackson random stories to help him fall asleep.

-in the morning-

I'm walking around the hospital laughing with Jackson at a story from my childhood. Suddenly, we stop and Jackson kisses me passionately.

Delilah: what was that for?
Jackson: I have to have a reason to kiss my incredibly sexy girlfriend?

I smirk at my boyfriend then pull him by his shirt collar to smash his lips onto mine, causing him to smirk into the kiss.

Jackson: can't seem to get enough of me, can you Dr. Shepherd?
Delilah: oh shush... Dr. Avery.

Jackson and I laugh then we intertwine our fingers as we walk together again.

Jackson: who are you with today?
Delilah: my dad. I have no idea what he's– crap!!

I grab Jackson and use him as a shield. I peek over my boyfriend's shoulder and I see my dad, Mer, Cris and Mark standing with my aunt Amy.

Jackson: babe... why are you using me as a shield?
Delilah: the woman talking to my dad? Yeah, that's my aunt Amelia, who I haven't spoken to since before the shooting. She's, like, my best friend in the whole world and if she finds out that I was shot and was in a coma, I'll never hear the end of it. Quick, let's run before aunt Amy or my dad sees me.

I grab Jackson's wrist but as I go to turn around, I hear my dad call out for me.

Dad: there she is! There's your favourite niece.
Delilah: damn it. So close. See you later.
Jackson: mhmm. Have fun.

I give Jackson a playful glare before putting on a smile and walk towards my aunt Amy.

Delilah: aunt Amy!

I give Amy the biggest hug.

Delilah: what are you doing here?
Amy: not only is your father an ass who never picked up my calls, but my favourite niece seemed to be MIA too. What's up with that?
Delilah: sorry aunt Amy. I've been really busy with work, and recovering from the shooting.
Amy: okay, but you and I have a lot of catching up to do.
Dad: she's on my service today but I can spare her while you two get some coffee. Cristina is getting my scans for the guy you brought in right now, so I don't need her right now.