Chapter 138:

I'm standing in Cristina's big press conference with Meredith. Her big surgery on the conduit baby was a success, causing the public to go wild and got her a big press interview.

Delilah: are you sure you're okay Mer?
Meredith: yeah, I'm fine.

Mer and Cris are still fighting after a big dispute they had and it sucks seeing my two best friends fighting.

Owen: Dr. Cristina Yang.

I clap for my best friend in support.

Cristina: thank you Dr. Hunt. The, uh... the procedure i– is so relatively untried that the associated risks are un-unusually high. Still, that shouldn't be a reason not to try.

I notice Cristina take a second then resumes speaking.

Cristina: fortunately, the patient is responding very well for now. His vitals remain stable, and it is our hope that this will continue. And if it does, I am cautiously optimistic that we can call this procedure a success—
Ross: uh... "home run" is a better word. Dr. Yang hit a home run. Thanks to her, baby Nathan is thriving this morning.

I clap along with the crowd for Cristina and I see Meredith leaving the room at the corner of my eye.

-later-

I'm walking around with Dylan and Jackson talking about random things when we bump into April. I try my best not to laugh when I see her hair all wrapped in curlers.

April: oh good, found one.
Jackson: wow...
Dylan: you look...
April: nope! No. Don't say I look nice.
Dylan: like a train wreck. But I can see where it's going. What are you doing here?
Delilah: yeah Apes, what are you doing here?
April: I'm hunting bridesmaids.
Dylan: now is that a farm tradition?

Jackson and I stifle a laugh.

April: are you gonna be there? I totally understand if you're not. I just—
Dylan: do you want me to be there?
April: yes! Of course.
Dylan: then I'll be there.
April: thank you. Sorry Jackson, I need your wife.

April grabs my hand and drags me away from Jackson.

Delilah: I love you!
Jackson: I love you too!

April drags me away and we attempt to find the others.

April: where's Cristina?
Delilah: I think she's doing some interview for the conduit baby.

We walk through the halls until we find Cristina.

April: there you are. Yeah, she is the magical healer of children. But you're done now, right? You're done? Can we go? Please come with me.

April locks my arm in hers and drags Cristina along with us.

Cristina: why are you here? Are you bailing on the wedding?
April: what? No! I'm not bail– why would you say that? No, I need you. Come with me.

April drags Cristina and I around until we find the room where April's seamstress was. Cristina gets put in then April drags me around to find Meredith. We go straight to the skills lab and we find Meredith working with her printer.

April: Meredith!
Meredith: April, what are you doing? Oh god. Are you making a break for it? Don't worry, I know what to do.
April: really? Why does everybody think I'm running? I'm not running. Come with me.