Chapter 25:

I woke up this morning feeling a bit anxious for some reason but I shake off the feeling and take a shower. After I shower, the feeling comes back. I grab my phone and I call Scotty.

Scotty- you better be dying if you're calling me before I have my coffee.
Me- Scotty...
Scotty- you alright?
Me- I don't know. I woke up this morning and I...
Scotty- and you what?
Me- I felt anxious.
Scotty- what about?
Me- I don't know S!! I don't know to explain it. The only way I can explain it is that I have a feeling.
Scotty- a feeling?
Me- yeah.
Scotty- that something bad might happen?
Me- yes! Yes, that's it.
Scotty- don't overthink it Del, it's probably nothing.
Me- you think so?
Scotty- totally.
Me- okay. I guess you're right.
Scotty- of course I am. I'm pretty much always right.

Suddenly, I get a text from George.

Text from: Georgie-kins <3
Meredith is all dark and twisty and refusing to go to work. Get over here and fix Meredith!!

Text to: Georgie-kins <3
On my way!!

Me- I gotta convince Meredith to go to work so I'll try to call you later. Sorry I woke you up.
Scotty- it's nothing. My office hours don't apply to you anyways.
Me- love you.
Scotty- don't die today.
Me- I'll try.

I get dressed for work then I drive straight to Meredith's. When I get there, I see Izzie, George and Cristina standing outside Mer's door.

Delilah: what's going on?
George: she's refusing to go to work. Talk to her!!
Delilah: okay okay! Cristina, come on.

We walk into Meredith's room and talk to her.

Delilah: Meredith, why aren't you dressed? We're gonna be late for work.
Meredith: I'm not going.
Delilah: and why not?
Meredith: I have a feeling.
C&D: you have a feeling?
Meredith: yes.
Cristina: okay, what kind of feeling?
Delilah: like something bad might happen today?
Meredith: like I might die. Or someone I care about is going to die.
Cristina: today? Tomorrow? In 50 years? Cause we're all gonna die eventually! But now we're late. Let's go.
Meredith: Cristina! Come on.

I sit next to Mer and Cristina sits on the bed too.

Cristina: okay. This is me being supportive.
Meredith: really?
Cristina: yeah, hey, fine. I'm totally supportive.
Delilah: so am I. Out with it.

Meredith sits up and looks at Cristina and I.

Meredith: okay, the man I love, aka Delilah's father, has a wife. And then, he chooses her over me. And that wife takes my dog.

Cristina and I look at Meredith confused.

Meredith: okay, she didn't take my dog, I gave it to her. But I didn't mean to give it to her! I meant to give it to him. But that does not change the fact that she's got my McDreamy! And my McDog. She's got my McLife! And what have I got?

I notice the look Meredith was giving Cristina and I and I knew she was indicating that she was saying that she has nothing. I watch as Meredith slumps back into bed.

Meredith: do you know I can't remember the last time we kissed? Cause you never think the last time is the last time. You think there'll be more. You think you have forever but you don't. Plus my conditioner decided to stop working and I think I have brittle bones. I just... I just need something to happen. I need a sign that things are going to change. I need a reason to go. I need some hope. And in the absence of hope, I need to stay in bed and not feel like I might die today.