Chapter 134:

Maternity leave has been boring as hell. Jackson is gone all day, I'm all alone with the twins and I haven't operated in forever. I've been calling Dylan and Scotty constantly throughout the day since I started maternity leave to get intel on the hospital. I was also texting Jackson constantly since I miss him all the time while he's at work.

Richard's recovery has been exhausting considering how difficult he's been but thanks to Ross, he now has an NG tube for feeding.

Jackson had a great idea of throwing a gala to raise money to fix the outpatient OR, along with the hospital budget.

I'm getting ready for the gala and honestly, I'm a bit nervous considering that this is my first night out away from the twins. I've been with them 24/7 for the past week and I'm terrified of leaving them alone with the babysitter for the first time.

Jackson: and the award for world's hottest wife goes to me.

I chuckle at Jackson when I see him in the mirror. I look down at my dress for the gala.

 I look down at my dress for the gala

Delilah: thanks honey.

As I start fixing my hair, Jackson hugs me from behind and kisses my neck.

Jackson: how did I get so lucky to have an amazingly sexy wife?

I chuckle at my husband and kiss his cheek.

Delilah: I don't know. Hey, the babysitter should be here any second.

Just as I finish my sentence, the doorbell rings.

Delilah: and there he is.

I run to the door and let Scotty in.

Delilah: hi! Thank you so much for this.
Scotty: no problem. You and Jackson deserve a night out.
Delilah: okay, I'm gonna finish getting ready then we're off. Please call me if you need anything.
Jackson: nope! Don't call.
Delilah: ignore him. Please call.

I walk back into my room and finish getting ready. I was finished in ten minutes then I grab my clutch and my phone.

Delilah: alright, we are off. Let me say goodnight to my babies before we go.

I walk into my babies' room and I see them laying in their beds. I grab George and hold him in my arms.

Delilah: hello sweet boy.

My son starts crying as I rock him in arms, causing me to melt.

Delilah: oh, it's okay. Mommy's here baby. I'm here. It's okay sweet boy.
Jackson: time to go love. I don't wanna be late.
Delilah: have fun. I'll be here.

I felt Jackson place his hands on my hips.

Jackson: hon, I know you're scared of being away from the twins, but it's only a few hours.
Delilah: what if they need me? I can't leave them.
Jackson: everything will be fine. Now put our son down and let's go.