Chapter 139:

It's been a few weeks since the wedding and I'm walking around the hospital when I see my dad in a suit.

Delilah: hey!

I loop my arm through my dad's and continue to walk with him.

Dad: hey baby.
Delilah: so, what's on your schedule today?
Dad: I'm being vetted by the White House today.
Delilah: wait, that's today? Oh my god, big day! I'm proud of you daddy.
Dad: thanks hon.

The call that my dad received was from the president of the United States about his sensors and they gave him a big opportunity.

Delilah: Mer's still pretty pissed, huh?
Dad: yeah.
Delilah: she'll come around dad. She's just thinking about Zola and Bailey, you know.
Dad: I know. She also mentioned you.
Delilah: I mean, I'm an adult, but I guess I don't blame her for that.

Then, I get a text from Owen.

Trauma Mentor 🩸: major incoming trauma. Need my favourite trauma rockstar STAT!!!

Me: you got it boss ✌🏻

Delilah: Owen is in desperate need of my awesomeness in the ER. See you, good luck today.

I kiss my dad on the cheek then bolt to the ER as fast as I could. I find Owen with the paramedic as I throw on a trauma gown.

Delilah: talk to me Hunt.
Paramedic: MVC pileup at the downtown waterfront.
Owen: we've got multiple victims coming in here people! Be careful!

We bring our patient into a trauma room then walk over to the nurses station where we see Ross.

Delilah: Ross, stay where you are. You're with Hunt today.
Owen: Edwards, go help Hudson.
Stephanie: Hudson?
Owen: mhmm. Oh. No. Sorry, uh... not Edwards. Okay. Warren, Hudson needs hands.
Webber: now, hang on a second. Warren's with me. You can't break up the big dogs.
Owen: Webber, I'm having enough trouble juggling who can work with who. Don't make it any harder.
Leah: oh, for God's sake, I'll go with Hudson. Wouldn't want to break up the "old dogs" or anything.

I chuckle as Murphy walks off.

Delilah: I can take Edwards. We can work with Dr. Torres.

We bring in another patient and get him in a trauma room. We get Callie in and we examine him.

Cat Guy: and I was just walking down the street and some chick blows through a red light– six car smash up. One even comes up on the sidewalk and takes me out. Stupid woman...
Stephanie: his pupils are unresponsive. These art contacts, right?
Cat Guy: yes.
Stephanie: and the teeth are...?
Cat Guy: veneers– permanent. Whiskers– piercings.
Delilah: ah.
Cat Guy: so, you guys gonna doctor me up or what?
Delilah: yes.
Stephanie: he complained of abdominal tenderness.
Delilah: get a CT to rule out internal injuries, and then we'll fix the arm.
Cat Guy: you know what? Um, t-there was a little kid out there– cracked her head open. Is she okay?
Stephanie: we can find out.
Callie: yeah, you know what? Let's just worry about getting you out of here with all of your nine lives, okay?

I couldn't help but giggle at Callie's joke.

-later-

As I was making my way to my patient's room, I bump into Dylan.

Delilah: oh. Sorry.
Dylan: hey.
Delilah: um, hi.

There was an awkward silence.

Dylan: I'm, uh, going into surgery. Wanna scrub in with me?
Delilah: I, uh... I have to check on a patient.

I give Dylan a tight lipped smile then walk off to my patient's room. I find Callie and Stephanie in the patient's room as well.