Chapter 147:

I'm sitting in daycare with my twins on video chat with my dad who is currently in DC.

Delilah: you've been in DC so long, I can't remember what day it is.
Dad (video call): I'll be back tonight hon, don't worry.
Delilah: tonight? I thought you were gonna be back this afternoon for your surgery with Mer.
Dad (video call): another meeting popped up. Your aunt Amy is gonna cover that for me.
Delilah: damn. I was hoping I'd see you this afternoon.
Dad (video call): don't worry hon, I'll be back tonight.
Delilah: I know, I just miss you. I'm so used to having you by my side.
Dad (video call): I miss you too. What's your schedule like today?
Delilah: not that exciting really. Hey, I need to go and meet Mer and Cris. Text me, okay?
Dad (video call): I will sweetheart. Have a good day. I love you.
Delilah: love you too dad. Say bye bye to grandpa. Bye bye!
Dad (voicemail): bye bye!

I chuckle as I blow a kiss to my dad then hang up. I give my kids a kiss then I walk off to meet Mer and Cris.

Delilah: hey!
Meredith: hey! Amy made you waffles.
Delilah: oh my god, yes! I didn't have time to make myself breakfast this morning. George was fussy all night last night and this morning and it took me forever to calm him down. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday afternoon.

I grab the waffles and start stuffing them in my face, causing Mer and Cris to chuckle at me. As I eat, Owen approaches us.

Owen: hey! The, uh, first candidate's here amd waiting in the conference room.
Cristina: mm. I'm on my way now.
Owen: okay.

The three of us walk and talk while Cris and I eat.

Mer told me that Cristina was offered her own practice in Zurich by Burke who was stepping down, and I was shocked when she told me that she was taking it but I'm proud of her nonetheless. But also, I'm sad that my best friend is leaving me.

Meredith: so, I still can't believe he's making you pick your replacement.
Cristina: I'm interviewing Dr. Russel's replacement, not mine– which I volunteered to do, by the way.
Meredith: it's a punishment. It's like making you clean the apartment you're vacating.
Cristina: no, Owen knows this is the right move for me. He's been nothing but supportive.
Meredith: mnh-mmh. Something's coming. I can feel it in my bones.
Delilah: me too. I can feel it.

We get to the conference room and we get a glance at the candidate.

Meredith: ew.
Cristina: I hate his face.
Delilah: yeah, it's a no.
Meredith: okay, now look me in the eye and tell me this isn't a punishment.
Cristina: ... thank you for this waffle.

Mer and I chuckle as Cristina walks off.

-later-

I get paged by April to the ER for an incoming trauma so I run to meet the paramedic.

Delilah: what do we got?
Paramedic: 30 year old male, motorcycle versus SUV. Complex scalp lac and bilateral hip dislocations. Vitals are stable.

As I look at the patient, Wilson pops up, which startled me.

Delilah: hey Wilson, if you wanna be useful, take him to trauma one. Start the ABCs, get him off the board, and get him his trauma x-rays. Dr. Kepner and I will join you in a bit.
Jo: absolutely. Of course Dr. Avery-Shepherd. Thank you for the opportunity.
Delilah: you're welcome!

I chuckle at Jo's unusual behaviour but chose to let it slide.

-later-

I got called into a meeting with Jackson, Owen and someone in legal. Turns out Bailey gave Braden Morris the HIV virus treatment against Braden's wishes.