Filler:

One month. It has been over one month since my best friend died. It has been the most excruciating month of my life. I stayed with my grandma for a couple days after I arrived in New York but after that, I've been staying with Scotty. My friends have been calling me and texting me ever since I ran off and I haven't answered them once. I hated ignoring them but I couldn't face anyone in Seattle right now. I've locked myself in Scotty's guest bedroom ever since I've been in New York and I haven't left once. I haven't eaten or slept in days.

3rd Person POV:

In Seattle, Derek Shepherd is trying to get a hold of his daughter for the millionth time. The phone rings three times before being sent to her voicemail.

Delilah (voicemail): hey, you've reached Delilah Shepherd. Sorry I can't talk right now, but leave a message after the tone and I'll get back to ya whenever I can.

Derek sighs as he hears the beep for the millionth before leaving a message.

Derek: hi sweetie, it's me again. Please call me back... I'm worried about you. We're all worried about you. Listen, there's been a lot going on in the hospital lately and I... I hope you'll come back soon. We all really miss you baby. I thought you should know... that Seattle Grace is merging with Mercy West in a couple days. Hopefully you'll be back for that. Come home soon sweetheart. I love you.

Derek sighs as he hangs up the phone.

Meredith: did she answer?
Derek: no. Has she answered you at all?
Meredith: no. She isn't answering any of us, not even Alex. He's her best friend and he's been worried out of his mind about her.
Derek: mom told me she hasn't seen her since she first got to New York. She stayed there for a couple days but she's been staying with Scotty since.
Meredith: I'm worried Derek.
Derek: so am I.

Meanwhile, Mark Sloan is also trying to get a hold of his goddaughter. He sighs when he hears her voicemail.

Delilah (voicemail): hey, you've reached Delilah Shepherd. Sorry I can't talk right now, but leave a message after the tone and I'll get back to ya whenever I can.
Mark: hey sweetie, it's me again. Please call me. We all miss you and we want you to come home. I don't know if your dad told you about the merger but I hope you come home in time for it. We miss you kiddo... come home soon. I love you kid.

Mark lets out a sigh as he hangs up the phone.

Lexie: nothing again?
Mark: nope.

Lexie walks up to Mark and gives him a hug. Lexie knew how much Delilah means to Mark and she hated seeing him so sad.

Meanwhile, we see Alex trying to call his best friend for the millionth time that day.

Delilah (voicemail): hey, you've reached Delilah Shepherd. Sorry I can't talk right now, but leave a message after the tone and I'll get back to ya whenever I can.

Alex lets out a tiny frustrated sigh before leaving yet another voicemail.

Alex: Delilah, please call me. This is the millionth time I've called you and I'm freaking out here. You better answer me the next time I call you or else I'm flying to New York to drag you back here. We need you Del... I need you. Bye.

Alex sighs as he hangs up.

Izzie: she's not coming back Alex.
Alex: yes she is. I know her, she... she wouldn't give up because of O'Malley.
Izzie: she just lost her best friend. Do you really think—
Alex: SHE'S COMING BACK!

Izzie flinches Alex walks away from her. Alex knew that Delilah will come back. He isn't sure when she will come back, but she will. She has to.

My POV:

Scotty: Ellie?

I look up to see my best friend holding Chinese food in his hands.

Scotty: you haven't eaten in a while. You wanna join me?

I shake my head no.

Scotty: Ellie, come on. You have to eat something. You haven't eaten in three days.

I shake my head no one last time.

Scotty: your dad called me while I was at work today. He wanted me to tell you to check your messages.

I nod my head.

Scotty: Ellie... talk to me.

I knew that if I start talking, I'd start sobbing and I didn't want to because I'm tired of crying. I've been crying myself to sleep every night since I came to New York and I'm tired of it.

Scotty: just check your messages, okay?

I nod my head then Scotty kisses my forehead before leaving the room. I reach for my phone and listen to the many voicemails that I was left. The last one I listen to is my dad's. I was shocked to hear about Seattle Grace merging with Mercy West.

Even though it's going to kill me inside... I have to go back. I have to support the hospital and the merge.

I knew that going back to Seattle is going to be painful for me, but this is what George would've wanted me to do. I can't hide forever.

I have to go back.