Chapter 63:

My dad and I came to the hospital together today since he decided to come over to my apartment for a cup of coffee before work.

Dad: you alright? I know this clinical trial hasn't been easy.
Delilah: I'm fine dad. We'll save someone, I know we will. I have faith.
Dad: that's my girl.
Delilah: you really think that adding I.L-2 will make a difference?
Dad: I do. I think it'll make a big difference. Do you trust me?
Delilah: of course I do.
Dad: good.

I get changed into my scrubs and lab coat then I walk over to our next patient's room. Mer and my dad meet up with me and we walk in.

Greta: Dr. Shepherd can say no if it's such a problem.
Der&Del: what am [is] I [my dad] saying no to?
Greta: is there any way you could push back the surgery a few hours? My boyfriend's flight was canceled. I want him to be here.
Greta's sister: Greta.
Greta: he has some questions. He's so smart about this stuff, I don't even know what to ask.
Dad: are you reconsidering the procedure?
Greta: Andre and I have had so little time together. We met in January. I mean, this treatment could kill me, right?
Delilah: you have a very aggressive tumor. Even if we don't operate, you're looking at a few months.
Greta: but I'd spend them with Andre. Do you know how precious that is, time with the person you love?
Greta's sister: Greta, please.
Greta: I'm not saying I want to cancel. I'm just saying I want to wait for Andre. He'll help me decide.
Greta's sister: okay, we can't wait for—
Greta: he'll be here at 3.

My dad, Mer and I walk out of the room and I help with Greta's chart.

Delilah: are we seriously going to wait for this woman's boyfriend? I mean, something could happen dad.
Dad: I am just abiding by my patient's wishes.
Delilah: I understand that dad, I really do, but what's gonna happen if he doesn't show up and something happens to her?

My dad is about to response when I see Greta's sister approaching us.

Greta's sister: Dr. Shepherds.
Der&Del: yes?
Greta's sister: there's no Andre.
Der&Del: what?
Greta's sister: she made him up. He doesn't exist. My sister... she is not a woman who has boyfriends, okay? And then four months ago, she goes on a cruise and comes back saying she's met her soulmate.
Meredith: right around the time her symptoms started?
Greta's sister: there were no pictures, and nobody has ever seen him. Can you talk to her? Can you tell her we can't wait for Andre? 'Cause we could be waiting a long time.

Mer and I decided to go find Walter Tapley. We find George standing in front of a conference room.

Meredith: Tapley in there?
George: no.
Meredith: liar.
Delilah: really Georgie? Lying to your best friend, not cool dude.

I see Callie turn the corner holding Cristina's arm and I yelp when she grabs Mer and I by the arm and drags us away from the conference room.

Callie: something is wrong with her.
Cristina: oh, no, it's not. I'm fine.
Callie: she cleaned... cleaned the apartment... which she has no idea how to do, so she basically just pushed dirt around.
Meredith: oh, leave her alone. Not everybody has to be happy all the time.
Delilah: Mer is right. That's not mental health, that's crap.
Callie: Walter Tapley's here and she doesn't want to meet him.

I look at Cristina with wide eyes.

Delilah: oh god... that's not good. Not good at all.
Cristina: you know Torres, mind your own business.
Callie: you... you need to get help. You're killing me.

Callie walks away from us.

Meredith: if you handle out until Hahn gets here, you might get to meet Tapley.
Cristina: I don't give a damn about Tapley.

I was taken aback by Cristina's statement.

Delilah: did I hear that correctly? Please tell me that I didn't hear that.
Meredith: Cristina...
Delilah: are you in the dark place?
Cristina: yeah.
Meredith: me too.