Chapter 2:

Another day in Seattle, another restless shift at Seattle Grace Hospital. By now, I've gotten used to no sleep during my shifts and I'm actually loving my job. Throughout my short time at the hospital, I've grown pretty close to Meredith, Cristina and George. I'm cool with Izzie but I wouldn't really consider her my friend just yet. Somehow, my secret is still in the clear which is a relief but I have a weird feeling that it'll come out. I see Meredith, Izzie, Cristina and George walking down the corridor and I hear them talking so I pop in.

Delilah: hi everybody!
George: hey D.

George wraps an arm around me and I give George a peck on the cheek. It didn't take much for George and I to become friends. He's the greatest person ever. He's kind, smart, funny, super adorable and overall a great friend.

Izzie: why do you put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?
Delilah: you want roommates Mer?
Meredith: I do want roommates. We're together a hundred hours a week, you want to live together too?
Cristina: no. Ooh, you're bringing bribes now?

I notice the coffee in Meredith's hand.

George: I need a place to live. My mom irons my scrubs. I have to get out of there.
Delilah: aww that's actually really sweet George. I'd kill to have a mom like yours.
George: you have no idea D.
Meredith: it's not a bribe. I don't think it's a good idea.
George: but I can put down last, first and next deposit.
Cristina: it's totally a bribe.
Izzie: I can cook. And I'm an obsessive cleaner.
Meredith: no. I just want two total strangers who I don't have to talk to, or be nice to. And it's not a bribe, it's a mocha latte.
George: how are you not fighting for a place to live?
Delilah: don't judge me. I'm currently living with my dad and I love it. But! I'm in the process of getting a beautiful apartment in the city near the hospital with a gorgeous view of the city.
George: good for you D.
Bailey: George, you're running the code team, Meredith and Delilah, take the trauma patients, Cristina, deliver the weekend labs to the patients, Izzie, you're on sutures.
Meredith: Dr. Bailey. I was hoping to assist you in the OR today, maybe do a minor procedure? I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?
Cristina: if she gets to cut, I want to cut too.
Izzie: yeah, me too.
George: I wouldn't mind another shot, I mean if everyone else is—
Bailey: stop talking. Every intern wants to perform their first surgery, that's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns, all but one, are whining. The only one that's making me slightly happy is Delilah over there with her silent perky little self not complaining one bit.

I smile at Dr. Bailey with confidence.

Bailey: you know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma patients answered, having the weekend labs delivered, and having someone down in the pit, doing the sutures. No one holds a scalpel until I'm so happy, I'm Mary freakin' Poppins.
Cristina: mocha latte my ass.
Bailey: why're y'all standing there? Move!

I grab Meredith then run off.

Delilah: I have to do something really quick but I'll find you in a sec.

I run off to the closest bathroom and I look in the mirror. Today is going to be a tough day for me. On this day years ago when I was seventeen, I was violently beaten and raped. I was beaten nearly to death and I was in a coma for nearly a week and a half. The only people who know what I went through is my dad, my aunt Amy, my grandma, Addison and Mark. I feel tears welling up in my eyes as I reach into my pocket for my phone and call my aunt Amy.

Amy- favourite aunt speaking!
Me- hey aunt Amy...
Amy- oh no, what happened?
Me- do you remember what day it is today?
Amy- hmm, give me a minute. I might need a minute to... oh god. Today's the...
Me- yeah.
Amy- oh my god. Are you okay? Should you even be at work?
Me- I'll be fine. I just have to keep a straight face and try not to think about it.
Amy- make sure your dad doesn't put too much work on you.
Me- honestly, I think I need exactly that if I need to be distracted.
Amy- I know today is going to be a lot for you, but you need to remember that you're still here and you're thriving. You are beautiful, smart, and you are a badass. You don't need the past pushing you down. You're Delilah Shepherd, you are going to pull yourself up and make today your bitch.
Me- I'll try my best.
Amy- don't be afraid to step away at any time today and call me if it's too much for you. You know I'm always here for you Dede.
Me- I know. Thanks aunt Amy. I have to go but I'll call you later. I love you.