Chapter 21:

Ah, Christmas. The most wonderful time of the year, and also my second favourite day of the year. The first one being my birthday, DUH!! I've been spending most of my free time doing Christmas present shopping for my friends and family, baking and decorating my apartment. Anywho, another day at Seattle Grace. We're all following a very pregnant Bailey down the hallway. I stay close to Bailey so I can make sure she's pacing herself.

George: look at her belly. She's almost as wide as she is tall.
Meredith: are her ankles swollen? Is that why she's waddling?
Izzie: what's gonna happen to us when she goes on leave?
Cristina: leave? She's going on leave?
Meredith: what do you think happens when people push babies out of their vaginas?

I chuckle at Meredith's comment.
Delilah: she's right Crissy.
George: do you think we're gonna get a new resident?
Cristina: what?
Alex: nah. Probably just let us all walk around unattended. See how much damage we can do.
Bailey stops at a nurses station and we stay a few feet behind.
Izzie: yeah well, you would know.

I roll my eyes at Izzie as she rounds to the front of us.

Izzie: hey you guys, we should all get together and get Bailey a Christmas gift for the baby. Or we could, um, organize some sort of secret Santa thing.
Cristina: okay, listen Tiny Tim, you can take—
Meredith and George move in front of Cristina and cut her off.
George: sounds great.
Meredith: secret Santa sounds great Izzie.

Izzie walks over to Bailey and both Cristina and I give Meredith and George a 'what the hell look'.

Meredith: we're being supportive.
Delilah: girl, you can count me out of the secret Santa crap. I already have my Christmas shopping done so I will not be participating.

We start walking down a different hallway. We walk into Tim Epstein's room and I see my dad there.

Delilah: Tim Epstein, 38. Fell off the roof of his house.
Tim: I was stringing Hanumas lights and, ah, a shingle came loose.
Izzie: Hanumas?
Tim: Hanumas. Chrismakkuh. We, ah, go all out.
Izzie: awesome.
Mrs. Epstein: he fell 12 feet.
Tim: ah, good news is my head broke my fall.

I stifle a laugh when I see one of Tim's daughters fling a rubber lizard at my dad's face.

Delilah: there are no visible deformities but he's definitely having some focal left arm weakness.
Mrs. Epstein: he'll probably be fine. He's always been a little hard headed.

Tim chuckles but quickly groans in slight pain.

Delilah: does your head hurt when you laugh Mr. Epstein?
Tim: is that a bad thing?
Dad: do you wanna follow my finger with your eyes please?

My dad moves his finger from side to side in front of Tim's face. I notice Tim's son jump off of Tim's bed and onto the adjacent bed to sit in front of Dr. Bailey and I.

Jake: I know karate.
Bailey: mhmm.

I chuckle at Bailey who seemed a little tense around the boy. Jake whacks the jug sitting on the table but I quickly swipe it away and I see Bailey move away to where Mrs. Epstein was sitting.

Bailey: you know, your husband might need a little, ah, quiet so there's a cafeteria right down the hall—
Tim: no, no, no. Let them stay. Pain or no, I don't want to miss out on the holidays with my kids.
Dad: who would like to take, ah, Mr. Epstein down for a CT?

Izzie shoots her hand in the air while the rest of us stand still.

Dad: Stevens it is.

Izzie stays in Tim's room as we walk out to round on another patient. The Chief meets up with us and we all walk into the room of a young woman surrounded by many family members.