Chapter 113:

The boards are coming up really soon and I've been getting interviews from pretty much everywhere for fellowships. I just got back to Seattle from New York and I bump into Mer.

Delilah: hey!
Meredith: hey! How was New York?
Delilah: amazing. NY Pres is literally doing everything they can to convince me to do my fellowship there. As much as I love Seattle, I'm lowkey kinda considering doing my fellowship there. I mean, I miss New York so much and I would love to go back. But... I have Jackson to think about.
Meredith: I'm sure he'll support you wherever you choose to go. I mean, that kid is crazy about you. If anyone can make long distance work, it would be you guys.
Delilah: how was San Francisco?
Meredith: it was good.

I see a familiar head of hair in front of us.

Delilah: Cristina!

Mer and I start jogging towards Cristina.

Meredith: Cristina!
Cristina: hey!
Meredith: hey.
Delilah: hey. How was Dallas?
Cristina: ugh. Bad. I can operate circles around the head of the program. I'm sick of all this schlepping. From now on, they're gonna have to come to me.

Mer and I chuckle at our person.

Cristina: how was yours? Boston, right?
Delilah: San Francisco.
Meredith: I'm supposed to leave for Boston tonight, but I think I'm gonna cancel.
Cristina: what?
Delilah: oh, absolutely not! Only an idiot cancels the Brigham.
Cristina: and didn't Bailey set that up for you? No.
Delilah: Cris is right. You're not canceling on the Brigham Mer.

I look up and I see my dad with Zola, and I smile when I see my boyfriend waiting for me. I run over to my boyfriend and jump into his arms.

Jackson: hi baby.
Delilah: hi.

I look at Jackson and give him a kiss for the first time in a couple of days.

Jackson: how was New York?
Delilah: it was good. I missed you.
Jackson: I missed you too.
Delilah: I missed you more.
Jackson: impossible.

I pull Jackson into another kiss. I pull away when I hear my dad clear his throat.

Dad: remember me Lilah? The man who raised you?

I chuckle as I hug my dad.

Delilah: hi dad.
Dad: hi honey.

Jackson takes my bags and we drive home to put my bags in the house before going to work. When I get there, I receive a gift basket from NIH. I walk into the locker room with pride and I notice Cristina has a similar gift basket.

Delilah: you got a basket from NIH Cris?
Cristina: yep. You too? Nice baby Shepherd. Not surprised.
Dylan: you've gotta be freakin' joking me here. Avery, tell your girlfriend to trade me some of her offers.
Jackson: it's not my fault my girlfriend is an amazing surgeon bro.

I chuckle as my boyfriend kisses my neck.

Dylan: this is insane. Our boards are in a couple weeks and they already want us to go on interviews?
Alex: Hudson's got a point. There's only so much crap a guy can have thrown at him before he snaps.

My mood changed slightly when Owen walks into the room.

Owen: there's a trauma coming in on the roof. Kepner, Karev, come with me.
April: I have to leave for my Northwestern interview in an hour. I told you yesterday.
Owen: um, Avery?
Jackson: Sloan's got me all day Chief, sorry.
Owen: Hudson.
Dylan: Sloan has me too, sorry Chief.
Owen: Shep—
Delilah: nope.

I walk out of the room with Jackson and Dylan before Owen could ask anything more.

Jackson: did something happen between you and Hunt? I thought he was gonna be your mentor.
Delilah: he is. It's just... stuff that's strictly between me and him. I'll see you later love.