Chapter 182:

I get paged into the ER so I run into the trauma room and I see Mer and Owen with a patient.

Delilah: hey Mer.
Meredith: thank God you're here. I need help.

I step in and help Owen out.

Meredith: obvious contusion and step-off in the lower thoracic.
Vincent: Dr. Grey, if– if it helps, uh, these are his medications and what paperwork I could find.
Meredith: oh, thank you. This is very helpful. Thank you.

The trauma doors open and a woman walks in.

Mrs. Paulson: Leo.
Vincent: oh, Mrs. Paulson, you got my message.
Mrs. Paulson: Vincent, thank God you were there. How is he?
Meredith: he is stable for now, and I will keep you updated, but I have to ask both of you to step outside please.

-later-

I'm walking around when I see Mer walk out of the imaging room.

Delilah: hey.
Meredith: hey. Oh! I saw Owen's junk in my living room this morning.
Delilah: what?! Why?
Meredith: he was hanging out with Amelia.

I start busting out laughing.

Delilah: no way!
Meredith: yeah way.
Delilah: oooh, I'm gonna have a lot of fun today. You going to get Leo?
Meredith: yeah. See you later?
Delilah: mhmm.

Mer walks off and I walk in the opposite directions. A couple minutes later, Callie approaches me.

Callie: hey.
Delilah: hey Cal. You okay?
Callie: I need to ask you something important.

I was about to reply when Jackson approaches.

Jackson: hey beautiful.
Delilah: hey sweetheart. What's up Callie?
Callie: I, uh... you know what? Never mind. It's nothing.
Delilah: are you sure Cal?
Callie: y-yeah. It's fine.

I look at Callie in confusion as she walks away.

Jackson: what was that about?
Delilah: no idea love. Hey, have you heard anything from Dylan and April about their baby? I know they had an appointment with Arizona this morning.
Jackson: he said that Arizona saw something on the ultrasound. She said it might be something with the baby's brain.
Delilah: oh god. Let's hope it's not too serious. Last time this happened, I watched April hold her baby as he died in her arms. I would hate to see that again.
Jackson: me too. Dylan is my best friend, it killed me to see him go through that. He deserves to have a happy, healthy baby. He needs this. He deserves to be a dad.
Delilah: I couldn't imagine if we had gone through what they did.
Jackson: thank God we didn't. We have three perfect kids and I thank God every single day that I have them and the best wife ever.

I smile at Jackson as I lean my head on his shoulder.

-later-

I'm sitting in the lab with aunt Amy who is working on a plan for her post-op DBS implant patient who has developed another tremor.

Delilah: so, Edwards is really seeing your patient?
Amy: yep. She has been pitching treatments and second guessing me all day today. She is being a total nightmare right now.
Delilah: what did you do about it?
Amy: I took her access badge and I'm making her sit in the waiting room until his surgery is finished, like every other loved one.
Delilah: and how does she feel about that?
Amy: she thinks I'm being unfair.
Delilah: I mean, you're not. You're just thinking about your patient. You can't have her second guessing you while you're cutting into his brain. She's making your job impossible.
Amy: my thoughts exactly. See, this is why you've always been my favourite.