The Commander's Arrival (Rewritten Chapter)

(Author's note: This will follow the anime plot, though there will be some changes and some Ace Combat missions will be added such as Magic Spear, Daredevil, etc.)

Naval Air Station Lemoore, California
June 16, 2019
1015 Hours

Total mess. That's what (Y/n) could only think of by the time he and Cassandra arrived back in the base. Many of the marines, pilots, and ground crew were on full force, cleaning and doing some quick repairs at the damaged buildings and facilities. No fatalities were reported whatsoever, but many were wounded and heavily injured. The USAF and other air forces around the world were now on high alert after (Y/n) had reported his conversation with his nemesis, Hugin.

After the surprise attack, they had strengthened their defenses further, placing anti-air defenses such as CIWS and ground-based missiles. Air patrols were now mobilized more often, given that Sirens can use portals to transport quickly.

(Y/n) had accepted Cassandra into his squadron after seeing her potential. As expected, the junior pilot was overjoyed and began jumping around him, much to his annoyance.

"Alright, alright! I get it!" He shouted, making her stop. "I know that you're happy, but let's help the others on fixing the base first, then we'll talk."

"Okay!" She replied gleefully and started helping on the repairs.

Buildings? Destroyed, some were turned to dust. Runway? Damaged, but still landable. The electrical systems were still fine, though immediate repairs are needed. Much to the thankfulness of everyone, the cafeteria is still intact. It was not something they would just let Sirens destroy.

The sun had fully risen up in the sky, raising the temperature ever so slightly, but that didn't stopped them from working. After the necessary repairs, all of the personnel finally got their well-deserved rest as they all headed back to the cafeteria, wanting to get their delicious hot meal.

"Great job out there, Lieutenant." Brownie, or Golem 2 of the Golem Squadron greeted the junior pilot, holding a tray full of random dishes.

Cassandra, who was also holding her own tray, turned around to face her. "Thanks." She said, still having a joyful smile. The two introduced themselves and walked together, talking about her first day on the squadron and other stuff, particularly about (Y/n). They had finally reached the empty table on the far left of the hallway as they put down their trays on the table and sat down.

"I heard you were trained by Colonel (L/n)'s grandfather." Brownie said, earning a nod from Cassandra.

"Yep." Cassandra replied as she took a spoonful of rice and chicken curry. "He was a good trainer. He carefully points out my mistakes and helps me improve. He told me to approach (Y/n) and become his disciple."

"That explains it." Brownie said and took a spoonful of her own food.

"[Strider Squadron, head to the briefing room ASAP.]" The intercoms announced.

"Alright, duty calls."

"Good luck, Lieutenant."

---

Naval Air Station Lemoore, California
June 16, 2019
Briefing Room
1030 Hours

"Glad that all of you came here. I apologize for the sudden meeting, again, but this is urgent." The Base Commander stated. Some of the squadron members were annoyed, particularly Count who was complaining about his unfinished food for the past 20 minutes.