Daughter?!

"There's always a war somewhere, and I'm sure he's on some battlefield somewhere fighting even now. He'll always have a place to live."

-Anthony Palmer [Sorcerer 1] (Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War)

---

Omega Air Base
2145 Hours

Tester Beta's body fell on the ground lifelessly, as yellow blood seeped out from her head. (Y/n) then puts his pistol back onto the holster and walked back to the group.

Three of the Siren overseers have been now killed. However, given the fact that Sirens could reproduce as many as they want - like in this case, it's most likely that the other killed overseers would appear sooner.

Minutes later, six Hueys arrived at the scene. They landed on the nearby clearing as the Vietnamese and US soldiers hopped out of the helicopters to help the wounded onto the vehicle.

"All stations, airbase secure. Commence SSE." (Y/n) radioed.

"Copy, Shikikan." Akagi responded almost immediately.

As ordered, the shipgirls and the newly arrived soldiers conducted SSE - Sensitive Site Exploration - around the base. It was important to search the base for anything that the Sirens may have left, such as traps or anything that could help them turn the tide of the war.

After a few minutes of searching, the soldiers found an unknown black object hidden on the northwest part of the base. The said object was mediocore in side, similar to a vault. It also had wires sticking all around it, and surprisingly, a black wisdom cube.

Angela glared at the object. "The hell is that?"

"A bomb or something." Hung stated. "Probably controlled by Tester Beta."

"Good thing I dropped her then." (Y/n) spoke. "We just dodged a really huge bullet."

"Should I call in hazmat teams?" Angela inquired.

"Yes, and tell them to bring it to Gründer Industries for further studies." (Y/n) said.

"Rog'." Angela affirmed.

Moments later, three additional Hueys arrived in the airbase and carefully retrieved the object, making sure not to damage it even by a little. Afterwards, the hazmat teams took off and went back to the camp, followed by the choppers who were carrying the POWs.

Hung pointed at Tester Beta's dead body. "What do we do about that?"

"Burn it alongside the other dead Sirens." (Y/n) ordered.

Akagi overheard their conversation and immediately began on piling up the dead bodies before anyone else could start, mumbling occasionally about them trying to hurt her dear Shikikan. While doing so, Akagi had this sadistic smile which made the others uncomfortable.

Deciding that it's probably best to leave her alone and let her do her thing, (Y/n) focused his thoughts on the ongoing attacks. He couldn't put his finger on why the Sirens are doing inland attacks lately, but he has suspicions.

A show of force? Maybe, or that they are studying the response time of humans to such attacks should they do it again, and how weak or strong their defenses are. It's also plausible that they're planning on attacking the Stonehenge facilities again to gain air superiority.

If the Sirens did brought a large army that could overwhelm even if all the armed forces of the world were combined, then they have no choice but to resort to nukes. A thing he really wants to avoid. It may help, but it will kill humans as well.