A Shadow Of The Past (Special Chapter)

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

-Bruce Lee

---

Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future, the sheltering wings of a protector...

The flames of hatred scorch the skies, igniting Gaia's funeral pyre...

---

(A/N): This chapter will contain a little bit of (Y/n)'s past, so there's not much going on here.

Air Education and Training Command
Randolph Air Force Base
San Antonio, Texas
January 15, 2015
0900 Hours

The sky showed a fair weather, as the sun shone brightly at the base, bringing warmth in the air. Today was an important day to all the personnel in the base, especially for the aspiring pilots who joined the very special school.

On March 3, 2002, the alien species called the 'Sirens' appeared without warning and attacked the Earth just three years after the landfall of Ulysses, claiming many lives of both civilians and military personnel.

Because of this new threat, the United States Air Force and United States Navy established an elite school for the top one percent of its pilots. It's purpose was to teach the lost art of aerial combat and to ensure that the handful of man who graduated were the best pilots in the world.

They succeeded.

Today, USAF and USN calls it Fighter Weapons School. The flyers call it...

Top Gun.

Aspirants from different nations went to San Antonio just to get in the program. They all have passed the written test before they entered. They were tested if they're both ready - physically and mentally.

Many of the aspirants are Americans, but a few Germans, Japanese, and British were also present for the program. A few students came from other countries such as Switzerland, Russia, and Canada. Most of the students already have experience flying fighter jets, but their guts told them that this program has more than meets the eye.

Among them was a man with a (H/c) hair and dull (E/c) eyes, devoid of any emotions. His stoic face and collected attitude was enough to draw the attention of many, especially the ones who really knew him.

"Hey, he's Katherine (L/n)'s brother, isn't he?" One aspirant whispered to the other.

"Yeah." The other replied. "I heard he came here because he wanted to avenge Katherine."

Though the whispers were completely audible, the man completely ignored them and minded his own business. He wasn't here to talk or mingle with anybody, and he doesn't care about them either. As everybody predicted, his own goal is to kill the bastard who killed his sister and end this war once and for all.

"ATTENTION!" A female voice suddenly boomed, startling most of the aspirants.

The (H/c)-haired male immediately fixed his posture and saluted, while the others took a second or two before they saluted after the male.

A tall officer wearing a green uniform walked in, carefully inspecting the aspirants. "Took you a moment to salute, but that's fine. Let me introduce myself. I'm Naomi Jones, and I'll be your instructor for the rest of the course. At ease."

On cue, the aspirants dropped their salute, but they stood still and waited, not wanting to face a session of screaming with her. The instructor, now identified as Naomi, once again scanned the aspirants, until her eyes landed on the (H/c)-haired man, which seemingly piqued her interest.