A Twist of Fate

"Wars don't bring lasting peace, only lasting death."

-Janet Morris

---

Unknown Location
0848 Hours

The new arrival smirked. "I am Arbiter: The Empress III."

Monica stared at Empress in unease and anxiousness, before that feeling turned into anger. "That's her... the second highest-ranking Siren..."

"What..?" (Y/n) muttered in surprise.

Those who heard Monica's words shivered, feeling a chill run down their spine. More over, why in the world would a second high-ranking Siren show herself to them? What does she want?

"It seems you made it back to the past, daughter of the Ribbon Fighter." Empress remarked with a sly smirk. "Hmph. Well, no matter. This world is going to be destroyed anyway, so I might as well let you enjoy your last moments with your father."

"You bitch...!" Monica screamed, completely losing her cool.

(Y/n) felt something... completely off. He looked down and noticed his hands were trembling. It was then he realized... it was fear. He knows himself - he rarely feels nor shows fear, and yet... He shook his head and allowed himself to calm down.

"Destroy? Tell me... Empress, was it?" (Y/n) cut in. "What could you possibly gain from it?"

"I'm not in the position to tell you that, Ribbon Fighter." Empress replied.

"So you just want to toy with us?" (Y/n) retorted. "As expected from your kind. You only kill because you just want to."

"Hmph. You talk big for a human." Empress taunted. "A shame that you weren't with us."

"And never will." (Y/n) shot back. "I will not leave the planet I swore to protect."

Empress smirked. "Heh, how resilient. Very well, I shall play with you more."

The surroundings changed back to normal, bringing them back to where they had been. After they come back, (Y/n) ordered an all-out assault towards the anomaly, which the shipgirls and allied planes gladly did.

After the bombardment, they all regrouped back, bringing an end to the mission. The anomaly was neutralized and was a huge success, but they were not in the mood to celebrate, especially after the appearance of Empress.

---

The Next Day...

Azur Lane Base
Commander's Office
August 25, 2019
0811 Hours

Everything was just incomprehensible and turned into utter chaos. After (Y/n) had reported Empress' appearance to the UN and ISAF, each nation had began preparing for an end of the world scenario, maybe an end of reality itself.

Of course, nukes were involved, but many of the non-nuclear countries denied that shortcut. (Y/n) also disagreed, saying that it will not guarantee the end of the war.

Scientists and engineers from all around the world have began their development on new assets to help armed forces strengthen, now that things have turned completely south. They took the Empress showing up as a warning for something big and dangerous.

Right now, (Y/n) was processing a ton of battle and logistics reports, with Monarch and Belfast's help. The three of them were still puzzled by what had transpired yesterday, and it wasn't long before the word about the second high-class Siren spread like a wildfire.