Aftermath

His talk is smooth as butter, yet war is in his heart; his words are more soothing than oil, yet they are drawn swords.

-Psalm 55:21

---

Megalith
Pacific Ocean, Area B7R
0840 Hours

"Hey, look!" A marine called out, pointing his finger at the 'Chandelier'. His voice boomed loud enough for the nearby soldiers to hear, catching their attention.

"Mein Gott..." A German soldier cooed, his eyes fixed on the 'Chandelier'.

What they saw was the sight of the railgun, several explosions occuring on the barrel to the legs supporting the massive structure. All of them watched in awe as the monster slowly fell in front of them, its parts raining down on the ground, causing occasional shakings that can be mistaken as an earthquake if not for the falling debris.

The soldiers who managed to go further inland ran back to the shore, avoiding the falling metal scraps.

Soon, the final pieces of the superweapon disassembled from its former structure, the whole railgun finally falling on the Megalith's surface, damaging many parts of the facility.

Ren and the soldiers accompanying him managed to get out before they could get crushed by the debris. The debris that fell behind them blocked the exit, making it impossible to enter or exit. They panted in exhaustion, all taking in deep breaths. Ren looked back and searched for any signs of (Y/n) and New Jersey, but he found none.

Just then, an explosion suddenly erupted on the blocked passageway Ren had just exited from, startling him and the nearby soldiers. They immedaitely aimed their rifles at the exit, but quickly lowered their weapons when a familiar blue-haired battleship soon got out, her body covered in soot. Following after New Jersey was the Ribbon Fighter, his M4A1 on his hand.

---

Megalith
Pacific Ocean, Area B7R
0925 Hours

The mission was a decisive victory for the human side, though not without sustaining casualties of their own. Five-hundred fourty-two died during the landings, their bodies blown or cut into pieces, while over one-thousand were wounded and sustained heavy injuries. Many had paid the price for their victory, and the price was their lives.

On the beach part of Megalith, a giant flag which had the logo of ISAF was fluttering proudly as it was getting blown by the cold wind.

The pilots landed on a nearby airfield of the facility, which was a bit damaged though not damaged enough to render it unusable.

Soldiers and shipgirls alike were working together to put the fallen warriors into the body bags. New Jersey agreed to put the bodies into her ship and sail back to America, where their bodies would be sent back to the respective nations and back to their families.

(Y/n) was helping Ren carry a body bag which a fallen marine was held inside back to New Jersey's ship, his eyes devoid of any emotions. He and Ren placed the body beside another body bag and gave their prayers before walking off from the deck, Ren following closely behind him.

"Was that the last one?" (Y/n) asked softly.

"Hai." Ren answered grimly.

"(Y/n)." New Jersey approached the two, her cheeky demeanor now completely gone. Instead, it was replaced by sadness, though she tried to hide it but couldn't.

"Please, take care of them." (Y/n) said.

"Of course." New Jersey replied and hugged him before walking to the bridge of her ship.