Zero (Rewritten Chapter)

"All held the finite and infinite as unrelated. None could foresee that the history of the two would become one."

"Without beginning or end, the ring stretches into the infinite."

---

The Pentagon
Arlington, Virginia
0935 Hours

David North slumped back on his seat after reviewing the reports of Orochi getting mobilized. Now, everything is in chaos. He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, taking a sip of coffee from his plain white mug.

"David." A robotic female voice came from his computer, catching the analyst's attention. "I've built a model of the Orochi and the Ribbon Fighter based on your hypothesis and mission parameters from the past."

"Okay, let's hear it." David adjusted his glasses and stared at the screen.

The screen soon showed a chess piece with the Orochi on top of a black piece, and an F-22 Raptor with the ribbon insignia on a white piece, both piece moving at a fast pace around other chess pieces. "I ran a precision combat simulation... But it failed."

"Bummer. Why didn't it work?" The analyst asked in confusion.

"Reasons in sensous order are: 1. Your hypothesis is trash. 2. The parameters you gave me are trash." The A.I. answered stoically.

"Ugh... Did I do something to tick you off?" David grumbled at his A.I.'s attitude.

"3. The Orochi is a singularity." The A.I. finished, ignoring the question.

David puts a hand on his chin. "So the values diverge... What about this one? 4. The Ribbon Fighter is a singularity."

"That's outside the confidence interval." The A.I. replied. "The possibility that it's 1, 2, or 3 is 99%."

"What?" The analyst cooed.

"Significance is high." The A.I. added.

"Some people are excempt from rules that should apply to everyone. A hero is suddenly a risk factor the moment the war is over. So you murder him. Crude, but effective." David stated. "In reality, they've no need of living heroes, just dead ones. Here's a question for you, Alex. Can we stop and sink the Orochi?"

The A.I. now known as Alex spoke. "Depends if you treat the Orochi or the Ribbon Fighter as a singularity."

"Both are." David replied and glanced down, then back to the screen. "But what happens when two singularities exist on the same field?"

"That requires seven months of calculation with the current resources." Alex stated.

David sighed and looked at the ceiling. "We'll just have to trust the guys in the field."

---

Pacific Ocean
0946 Hours

Minutes have passed since the allied fleet moved out to intercept the Orochi and sink it for good. The fleet mimicked the same formation during the battle at the mirror sea, sailing at full speed.

Above the fleet was the Ribbon Fighter, circling above them as not to go ahead them. It was silent throughout the whole time, and it was agonizing for some of them.

"Phase 1 analysis complete." Eagle Eye broke the silence. "Stand by for further updates."

"Copy." (Y/n) replied.

"Wait... I'm getting a transmission. It's from the Crimson Axis." Eagle Eye reported.

"Patch them in." (Y/n) said.