A Glimpse Of Another Reality

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

---

Unknown Location
--:--

Kronshtadt slowly opened her eyes and hears the sound of the sea making contact with the shore. She tries to stand up when a sudden sharp pain in her head forced her back to the ground. "Why do I have the mother of all hangovers when I haven't even got a single drop of drink..."

After the pain ceased, she sluggishly sat up and looked around. The temperature is warm, and there are seagulls flying overhead. There's no doubt about it - she was in a tropical island. How she got transported here is a complete mystery to her.

Kronshtadt felt an itchy sensation in her foot. She took off both of her boots and shaked them, only for a considerable amount of sand to come out.

The large cruiser sighed. "This is why I don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating. And it gets everywhere..."

Kronshtadt puts back her boots after clearing all the sand. A panicked scream suddenly came from behind, startling her. Turning around, she saw Arkhangelsk frantically looking at her surroundings.

"Hey, you. You're finally awake." Kronshtadt greeted blankly.

"K-Kronshtadt?!" Arkhangelsk stuttered. "How did this happen?!"

"That's my line, dear." Kronshtadt replied. "I'm the one who's on the syncronization chair."

"Yeah, it makes no sense... The machine started whirring, and the next thing I knew, I'm here." Arkhangelsk pondered.

"We're not the only ones. Look." Kronshtadt pointed in the distance.

Arkhangelsk looked to where Kronshtadt was pointing at and saw the rest of the crew unconscious. Arkhangelsk and Kronshtadt looked at each other before the nodded. They then rushed towards their comrades and tended to them.

Arkhangelsk went to Volga and lightly tapped the redhead's cheek. "Wake up, Volga."

"Mmm..." Volga groaned, but she didn't wake up.

*slap*

"It's me, Arkhangelsk." Arkhangelsk said after casually slapping the carrier.

Volga finally stirred awake. "Mmrgh... W-Where are we...? My cheek hurts..."

"I don't know either. But the only thing I could think off is that we're somehow transported in the Pacific." Kronshtadt explained.

"Took me a hot minute but I've figured it out!" Soobrazitelny cut in. "We're in a dream! A dream where we're in a holiday resort somewhere!"

"Ugh... Could you please lower your voice?" Kiev was last to wake up.

"Ah, good timing, Kiev. I, Soobrazitelny, have a request." Soobrazitelny stated.

"...What is it? That better be not something utter crap." Kiev replied blankly.

"It will not be, I swear." Soobrazitelny said. "I want you to pinch my cheeks as hard as you can."

Kiev smriked. "As hard as I can? Your wish is my command."

It was at this moment Soobrazitelny knew... she fucked up.

*piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinch*

"Ow! Oww! OWWWWWWW! OW! STOP! YOU'LL PUNCH A HOLE THROUGH IT!! STOOOOOOOOP!!" Soobrazitelny begged for her dear cheeks.