Cloak and Dagger (Rewritten)

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci

---

Iris Orthodoxy Basilica
Airfield
1545 Hours

"Hey, Commander." Cassandra spoke as she and her squadron slowly got near the runway of the now liberated Basilica.

(Y/n), who was on 12 o'clock high of them, sighed in a bit of annoyance. "What?"

"Tell me a joke." Cassandra said.

"Why?" (Y/n) asked.

"Just to lighten up the mood." Cassandra explained.

"Fine." (Y/n) conceded. "What happens when the CIA goes to sleep?"

"What?" Cassandra inquired.

"They go undercover." (Y/n) replied.

Cassandra smriked. "Not bad."

"You know, Mobius 1, you may be good at fighting but you suck at making jokes." Long Caster remarked.

"I know." (Y/n) admitted blankly.

Approaching the airfield of the Basilica - which is near the docks, the landing gear of (Y/n)'s Raptor slowly lowered. Moments later, he gently landed on the tarmac, the wheels screeching before his speed lowered and taxied to a nearby hangar.

Strider Squadron soon followed and landed after the Ribbon Fighter as they lined up and taxied their planes onto the unoccupied hangars.

The pilots went out of the hangars and analyzed the surroundings. It's their first time to see the Basilica in person, and they were mesmeried with its beautiful structure and design.

However, that doesn't mean that the Basilica wasn't liberated without damages. Shells and bombs from both the Sirens and allied kansens had landed on some facilities and buildings.

Much to everyone's dismay and anger, the cafeteria, ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT assets in most bases, was pounded and was almost buried to the ground. It would take a day or two for the manjuus (don't ask where they came from) to fix it, so they don't have a choice but to build a makeshift cafeteria for now. But who's gonna cook?

"Damn them all..." Cassandra muttered in sadness and fury, watching as the manjuus restored the cafeteria, and mourning for the wasted foods that got buried. "I'll never forgive the Sirens!"

"Just don't say that the cafeteria was destroyed to Long Caster." (Y/n) warned, shaking his head

Cassandra turned her head towards him and tilted her head in confusion. "Why?"

"Just don't." Húxiān answered for him.

---

The Next Day...

Iris Orthodoxy Basilica
Makeshift Cafeteria
August 14, 2019
0800 Hours

"How did we get in this situation?" (Y/n) mumbled as he flipped a slice of meat on the pan.

"Don't ask me." Cassandra, who was beside him and was slicing onions without tearing up, responded in a stoic manner. "Blame Húxiān and Count for telling the others that we can cook.

Right now, the feared Ribbon Fighter was wearing the pants of his flight suit, sleveless shirt, and a pink apron. Cassandra herself was the same, though she was wearing a yellow t-shirt with her 'Three Strikes' emblem printed on the back.