Operation: Fisherman

"There's a simplicity to war. Attacking is the only secret. Dare - and the world yields. How quickly they forget that all it takes to change the course of history... is the will of a single man."

-Captain John Price (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3)

---

The rules have changed...

There's a fine line between right and wrong...

And somewhere in the shadows... they send us in to find it.

We get dirty, and the world stays clean.

That's the mission.

---

Bastogne
Wallonia, Belgium
1250 Hours

The roar of the Hellcats and Zeros resonated over the battlefield as the battle of man and machine rages on. The piston planes continued on strafing the incoming waves of Siren hordes, doing their best as they can to support the battered warriors on the ground.

The soldiers of the 101st are now filled with both adrenaline and rage as they fired at the Siren humanoids and tanks with everything they've got, and they knew that everything could, and will turn south sooner or later.

Now, faced with lousy odds yet again, Angela needs to lead her company in battle, and maybe to their deaths, if she makes one wrong decision. The Ribbon Fighter refused to surrender, and she won't submit to them as well.

Through his scope, (Y/n) could see the incoming Sirens from the woodline just a few hundred yards away. "Tch..."

"Whiplash, this is Blackbeard. How's the situation on your end? Over." Blackbeared radioes Angela.

"Blackbeard, this is Whiplash! We're taking heavy fire! Over!" Angela hastily replied, firing her rifle at the humanoids she could see.

"How close the Sirens are? Over." Blackbeard asks.

"Just hold the phone and I'll let you talk to one of the bastards!" Angela barked back with a smirk, indicating that the Sirens are really close.

"Roger. We'll arrive at ten mikes. Over and out." Blackbeard responded.

Angela pulled out a grenade and tossed it towards the incoming Sirens. The grenade exploded, though it was only muffled and was drowned out by the louder explosions by the bombs constantlt being dropped by the piston planes.

However, she wasn't stopping there and moves toward an unmanned M2 Browning, pulling the charging handle before letting out a hail of bullets.

On the back, the battleships continued to provide artillery support every twenty seconds or so, while the shipgirls who were tasked on taking care of the wounded carried the injured soldiers to safety.

(Y/n) continued to shot off his targets with his rifle, whilst ignoring the plasma rounds flying dangerously close to him. "Angela! How long until reinforcements arrive?!"

"Five mikes!" Angela responded.

"Got it!" (Y/n) replied.

In the air, the carriers continued on sending off plane after plane to replace the ones shot down by anti-air. Bombs are falling from the sky, their whisling resonating before slamming on the adversaries, tearing them apart.

Through the hail of smoke, tracer rounds, plasma, and laser beams, (Y/n) could see the outcome of the battle is slowly turning on them. He looks at his clock - 1425 Hours. Two minutes left before the reinforcements will come.