Twisted Game

"The demon soars through dark skies, fear and death trail its shadow beneath. Until men united wield a hollowed sabre, in final reckoning, the beast is slain."

"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... First, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies..."

"However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns."

---

Azur Lane Base
Azur Lane Academy
2247 Hours

It was already nighttime, and most of the shipgirls were already in their rooms, either sleeping or doing some random things.

In front of the Academy was Ayanami, walking outside the building, seemingly deep in thought. She suddenly heard faint sounds of chattering and looked up, finding the Ribbon Fighter and the Grey Ghost talking with each other.

Enterprise turned around to face the Sakura destroyer. "Oh? Trying to escape?"

Ayanami gently shook her head in denial. "No."

The carrier smiled gently. "I'm joking."

(Y/n), a bit surprised, raised an eyebrow at her statement. Ayanami seemed to be surprised as well. "Never knew you could crack a joke."

"Isn't joking part of being a human?" Enterprise shot back.

(Y/n) held his hands up. "Touché."

Enterprise glanced back at Ayanami. "Having trouble sleeping?"

Ayanami averted her gaze to the ground. "I don't understand..."

The Ribbon Fighter raised an eyebrow at her statement. "What do you mean?"

"Azur Lane is my enemy, but everyone is so nice to me." The destroyer added.

"..." The two stayed silent during her speech.

"The fighting, Sakura Empire... The more I try to think about everything, the less I understand anything. I've been unable to understand anything for a while now." Ayanami pressed on.

"Do you still want to fight?" (Y/n) asked out of the blue.

"I don't know. I don't know, but... I don't like fighting." Ayanami answered.

"I see." (Y/n) nodded. "I- no, we're the same. However, with the Sirens lying around, we don't have a choice but to fight. Fighting is inevitable. War never changes, Ayanami. No matter what era we are in. Just the enemy we fight."

---

The Next Day...

Azur Lane Base
Commander's Office
June 24, 2019
0722 Hours

'The Sakura Empire lost some of its strength due to the recent battle. It should take some time for them to recover, however...' (Y/n) said in his mind, analyzing the papers on his table. He then looked to the window, feeling the warm breeze enter the room. 'We aren't ready to pounce on the opportunity, either.'

He was indeed, correct. Due to the last engagement with the opposing force, some of the allied ships suffered heavy injuries and were currently resting on the infirmary.

The near completion of the 'Chandelier' was adding to the recent problems he was facing. If the railgun is finished, the weapon could be more powerful than Stonehenge. The worst case scenario would be the 'Chandelier' targeting the Stonehenge facilities - which was the reason why the Sirens couldn't advance further inland - and destroy it, allowing the Sirens to advance further, and it would be hopeless to stop them.