Cavalry

Azur Lane Base
June 17, 2019
1200 Hours

As (Y/n) taxied his Raptor along the runway, he could see the aftermath of the attack. It was like what happened back at NAS Lemoore; total chaos. The plane finally came into a halt, the engines turning off shortly after.

The canopy opened as he unstrapped himself from the seat and puts down his helmet onto the flight stick. (Y/n) soon jumped off from the cockpit and landed on the ground with an audible thud. He took a few deep breaths and rushed to the docks.

A few minutes later, he arrived at his destination and saw the very unpleasant view of damaged allied ships. The waters surrounding the area was filled with metal and wood scraps. In the distance, Siren ships were still floating, though they were heavily damaged and would sink sooner or later.

'It's like Pearl Harbor all over again...' He thought to himself as he looked around the port. Manjuus had begun on cleaning the waters while dragging the floating injured shipgirls they came across back to the shore.

"MY SHIP!" Someone shouted.

(Y/n) turned to the direction of where the voice came from and saw a red orange-haired girl, kneeling and crying as she watched her burning and almost sinking ship getting dragged back by patrol and rescue boats manned by manjuus. It was San Diego, a light cruiser from Eagle Union, and the self-proclaimed number one idol. Beside her were two shipgirls, comforting the cruiser as best as they can.

(Y/n) approached the trio. "Um... excuse me?"

The shipgirls looked at him. It took them a full ten seconds before they realized that it was their Commander who came to them.

"C-Commander...?" San Diego asked between sobs, before her tears finally flow wildly like a waterfall as she suddenly pounced at him. "WAAAAAAAH!! COMMANDER!!"

The Ribbon Fighter blinked twice and sweatdropped from the sudden action. "Er..."

"My ship! My ship! It's damaged! Don't you see?!" She cried.

"Um... I can see it very well." He awkwardly replied. (Y/n) decided to pat her head in order to calm her down, which seemed to work quite well as her sobs began to fade away. "Your ship is getting repaired, so everything's fine." He reassuringly said to the cruiser, earning a nod from her as she slowly pulled away from him.

"Commander!" A tomboyish American voice came from behind him. He turned around and saw Cleveland running to him, whilst Wales was walking not too far away from her.

"Cleveland and Prince of Wales, I presume?" (Y/n) greeted.

"Yep!" Cleveland cheerfully said. "Nice to meet ya, Commander. Thanks for lending us a hand back there."

"Unicorn is now safe, thanks to you." Wales added.

"Unicorn?" He asked in confusion, until the realization hit him. "Ah. You must mean the little girl with a lavender hair. Where is she now? Is she okay?"

"She's currently resting in her room. Illustrious is with her." The blonde battleship said.

"I see." (Y/n) nodded and turned to San Diego and the shipgirls accompanying her. "You three did well today. Get some rest. You earned it."

The three shipgirls nodded and left. (Y/n) pulled out his phone and scrolled through the contact list, until he reached a contact with the name 'Emma Schnee'. He tapped the call button and pressed the phone against his ear.

"Excuse me for a bit." He said to them.

"Of course." Wales nodded.

The Ribbon Fighter walked a few meters away from them, waiting for the 'Emma' to answer. After a few moments, the ringing had finally stopped. There was an audible chattering and crumpling of papers on the call before someone answered.