Demise

"War used to be simple. Kill or be killed. Survive at all costs. Then everything changed. The action got faster, the weapons got more powerful, the stakes got bigger than anything we'd ever seen. On the eve of our greatest battle, a new hero must rise."

-Captain John Price

---

Rex...

Rex tremendae majestatis...

Qui salvandos savas gratis...

Salva me...

Fons pietatis...

---

Pacific Ocean
300 Kilometers Away From Peony Trench
1115 Hours

Long Caster gasped. "You've reeled it in! Positive hit on the MAD!"

There was a series of cheers from the crew of patrol aircrafts and the pilots from the Nimitz. However, they knew that their job wasn't finished yet.

"We ain't done yet. Give it a finishing blow!" Count interrupted.

Now it's time for the fleet to give their own shot, after silently moving with the Strider Squadron who has been doing most of the work. The squadron hoped that they've done more, but they weren't really been targetted except for the times when Siren ships began emerging.

"Target coordiantes aquired." A crew of the Nimitz spoke.

"Commence preparations to fire the VL-ASROCs!" The captain of the USS Chafee, one of the escort ships of the strike group, spoke after the first one, his voice booming over the radio.

"VL-ASROC ready to launch!" A female crew announced.

"Line of fire is clear, no Siren ships detected." Another man confirmed.

"Ready!" A fourth officer called out.

"Fire all missiles!" The captain of the Nimitz ordered.

"FIRE!" The officers shouted at the same time, as the escort ships fired all the ASROCs simultaneously.

"Missile away!" Long Caster said.

"All anti-submarine missiles launched." The ship captain spoke.

The ASROCs streaked through the air, leaving a trail of white smoke behind. They went upward and arched down, falling rapidly towards the water before the parachute was deployed, slowing their descent to the sea as Cassandra slipped in under the ASROCs, happy to be finally able to gain a higher altitude.

The missiles soon touched the water. Cassandra and her squadmates were waiting anxiously, their eyes locked at the glistening sea.

Multiple explosions erupted seconds later, causing water pillars to form which had been several feet high. The force of the explosion was enough to cause disturbance in the waves, albeit not by much.

"Report the results." The same woman broke the silence.

The water was still for a moment, until something broke into the surface. The Strider Squadron gasped in shock, knowing what it was. The Alicorn.

The submarine bursted from the water like a metal whale, showing its dominance towards others. It's nose rose into the air before the submarine came crashing down, almost majestically, allowing itself to level down and float on the surface.

"Alicorn spotted! It's surfacing!" Húxiān called out in distress.

The escort ships began to bombard the Alicorn with everything they've got, from 76mm rounds to anti-ship missiles. The projectiles slammed on the side of the Alicorn, although their attacks did little to no damage, and it only tickled the beast.