Settlements (Rewritten Chapter)

"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... First, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies..."

"However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns. This time, as a great hero."

---

Azur Lane Base
1157 Hours

All of the pilots and shipgirls including the ones from Crimson Axis gathered on Azur Lane as ordered. Akagi was there, unconscious. Kaga was kneeling beside her, looking at Akagi with happiness, relieved that she's finally back. Enterprise and New Jersey were guarding the two just in case they do anything wrong.

Monarch anxiously stared at the orange-filled sky over the horizon along with other shipgirls, several thoughts were running down in her mind. Beside her was Nagato, the lead ship of Nagato-class battleships, and the head of Sakura Empire. Though her face was calm, she still felt nervousness.

Silence fell upon them, until...

*BOOM*

A huge explosion on the horizon caught their attention. Although faint, the sound of the blast had reached the base.

"Mobius 1, come in." Sky Eye contacted, nervousness evident on his voice.

Static.

"Mobius 1, come in." Eagle Eye repeated.

The radio crackled, followed by an audible short breaths. "This is Commander (L/n), callsign Mobius 1. Mission accomplished. Returning to base."

"Roger that, Mobius 1. Commander, welcome home, sir." Sky Eye said with joy.

All of the personnel who have heard the transmission screamed and cheered in victory. The Mobius Squadron pilots threw their helmets in the air, while some of them hugged each other in celebration.

"Heroes really do exist." Nagato said with a smile. "And now he's coming home."

Soon, (Y/n)'s Raptor came into view, as they waited in anticipation. The plane slowly went down, until the gears touched down on the runway.

Suddenly, one of the landing gears broke the moment his plane leveled on the ground, making the plane unbalance and causing the rest of the landing gear to break under the weight of the jet. The missile pods were thrown away from the force of the impact, landing a few meters from the shipgirls.

"(Y/n)/Shikikan/Kommandant!!" Everyone shouted in distress and ran after the now skidding plane.

The Raptor continued to skid on the tarmac, causing sparks as the body of the plane continued moving, leaving a black mark on the airstrip. The plane soon catched on fire, thick smoke pouring out from the main body and wings.

"I'm not gonna die here!" (Y/n) declared while he struggled to control the plane, ignoring the alarms that was continuously blasting on his ear.

(Y/n) screamed loudly as he pulled the stick backwards, the plane finally coming into a halt a few moments later. Manjuus carrying fire extinguishers quickly rushed in and began spraying the jet, successfully putting the fire out.

(Y/n), who was thankfully unharmed, removed his oxygen mask and helmet as he puts them on the flight stick and opened the canopy. He shakily pushed himself from the seat and climbed off from the cockpit. By the time his feet landed on the ground, he stumbled back a bit due to the G's from the maneuvers taking a toll on his body. His vision was becoming blurry, prompting him to hold against the ladder to stabilize himself. The adrenaline from the fight had finally wore off, and it was fading fast.