Battle of Farbanti (Rewritten Chapter)

Azur Lane Base
Beach
June 19, 2019
1800 Hours

Thunderstorms began to settle in as rain began to pour down, whilst thunder and lightning flashes resonated throughout the sky. There on one part of the beach was the Ribbon Fighter himself, his flight suit now wet due to the prolonged exposure in the rain.

A shadow suddenly loomed over him. He turned around and saw Monarch handing him an umbrella, while she doesn't have an umbrella for herself. "Here."

"How about you?" He said.

"I'll be fine." She reassured.

"The umbrella is big enough, so we can share it." (Y/n) said, holding the umbrella. Although a bit reluctant, the redhead battleship nodded and went beside him.

"What are you doing here?" Monarch asked.

"Just... thinking about things." He answered.

"How long do you intend to continue fighting like you did?" Monarch said.

"What are you getting at?" (Y/n) looked at her confused.

"I'm concerned about you, Commander." She stated, making him hum in response.

"Don't worry about me. I can handle myself."

"..."

"You know, you should get along with them." He changed the topic.

"Who?" She questioned.

"With Wales and the others." He clarified.

"That's..." Monarch trailed off, unable to find the words to reply. After a thoughtful pause, she finally spoke. "...Fine, I guess."

(Y/n) smiled. "Good."

"Aren't you cold? You've been standing here for a while now..." She told him.

"Nope." He replied.

"Your Excellency!" London appeared and called out. "We recieved a distress signal a few kilometers away from the base."

"Who went out?" He pressed on. He already suspected that a certain carrier had got out and went to where the distress signal came from.

"Cleveland, Hammann, Belfast, and... Enterprise." London admitted.

(Y/n) clicked his tongue. "That stubborn girl..."

---

Waters Adjacent to Azur Lane
1827 Hours

"I can't believe I have to get wet again..." Hammann complained.

Cleveland, who was right behind the American destroyer, scratched her head. "Sorry about that. But, we can't ignore a distress call." She said and looked around. "We should be getting close..."

"Did they lose their way in this storm?" Enterprise suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

The cruiser turned around to face her. "Maybe... Wait, Enterprise, what are you doing here?! Your rig isn't fully repaired yet!"

Belfast looked at the carrier in concern. "Do you always begin a mission in that state?"

"Wait! I see something up ahead!" Hammann called out before Enterprise could speak.

As they got closer, a silhouette of a Siren ship came into view, prompting Cleveland to ready her turrets. "Sirens, here?!"

Enterprise held out her hand. "No, look closely."

"They've already gone through battle..." Cleveland quipped. "We have to be careful. We can't even scout for enemies properly in this storm..."

"Cover my flank." Enterprise sailed ahead of the group.